Putting Ringtones on SD

pmurray633

Reaction score
When I mount my SD card to my MacBook Pro, I only have these options ALBUM THUMBS, DCIM, LOST.DIR, Music, and Pictures. Where is MEDIA? Also, my phone will not allow me to format my SD card, what gives?

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I mount my SD card to my MacBook Pro, I only have these options ALBUM THUMBS, DCIM, LOST.DIR, Music, and Pictures. Where is MEDIA? Also, my phone will not allow me to format my SD card, what gives?

I don't think you can format your sdcard if you have it mounted to the computer.

now you need to create your own media folder. I just made a post today on doing so let me search and find it right quick I searched for "sdcard ringtones" and this was the first thread that popped up ;)
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid/28230-where-my-ringtones.html#post287166

-=Jason=-

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

I use a Mac Book Pro. I mounted my phone and created two folders, music and ringtones. The phone recognized both. I'm rooted and last night I installed Pete's 2.1 V0.4. Not sure why but the notifications would not recognize my old ringtones. I used the music player and found the song did a long press and added to ringtones.

Hope this helps.

Mike