Putting my X to rest :(

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Sadly today is the day I put my X to rest for the final time.
It's been a rough road, dear friend. But I have found a replacement for you once and for all. And this one isnt CLNR!

Though I call this X my friend it's actually my 5th DX thus far.. the original was a wonderful device until June 1st when GB somehow managed to screw it up to the point of near uselessness. 4 CLNR's later I was finally to say "screw it" and a pretty, NEW Bionic will be arriving on my door sometime in the next 11.5 hours.

I am sad though.. the X has been good to me, aside from software glitches after the GB update and some bad hardware replacements. I coveted the X when I still had my D1 and when I had an early upgrade available I quickly moved to the X.. such a great form factor.. snappy... wonderfully built phone.

But now that love affair is no more... my sweet X, you might look like the love of my life but you're simply a reasonable facsimile with a broken GPS radio.

Goodbye dear friend...

(written mostly tongue-in-cheek based around the facts)

Leung

Reaction score
I like my X too. I hope it lasts till next February bc that's when I get my next upgrade.

snipehunter

Reaction score
I still have my X... I feel your pain. Some day soon I'll have to say goodbye, as well.

Similarly: this is my second X as well, since Froyo's original update also ravaged my original X and bricked it. This second phone has hung in there a long time.

simpsonao17

Reaction score
Had to get rid of my Stop and it was hard. Went to the Thunderbolt and after buying the extended battery my battery lasts all day on full 4G

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jmorton10

Reaction score
I was going to buy the Bionic myself to replace my liberty DroidX (I loved the X, got it the day VZ released them and never had a single problem with it).

After finally seeing a Bionic in real life (my boss bought one that will be returned tomorrow) I changed my mind real quick however. I was completely shocked at how awful that pentile (whatever that means) screen looks. I have a Droid Charge running gummy 1.9.1 and the AMOLED screen on the Charge makes the Bionic look like 10 year old technology when the two are running side by side. The Bionic screen is a washed out pixelly mess next to the awesome Charge screen.

I am in charge of our corporate VZ account and I can have whatever phone I want free through where I work. If I wanted the Bionic I could have one tomorrow. After playing with the ROMed and tweaked Charge along with the brand new Bionic all day Friday, I will definitely stick with the Charge until the next round of dual processor phones come along and I can find one with a screen that equals the Charge.

~John