Putting Android in a coffee maker going too far?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Putting Android in a coffee maker going too far?

ico-time.png
11. Jun, 2010 written by dvice.com / Adam Frucci
ico-comment.png
0 Comments
OK, I get it. People love their smartphones and how versatile they are. With apps, they can be used to do just about anything. But do we really need a coffee maker controlled by an Android phone?
Some of the features, to be fair, such as recognizing who you are via your phone and not having to ask what kind of coffee you like are nice, I guess, but not really necessary. Others, such as built-in speakers so you can download music right to it to listen to music while your coffee brews, are flat-out ridiculous.
Look guys, I’m as excited as anyone about this brave new world of jack-of-all-trades smartphones, but let’s not get carried away, shall we?
#gallery-1 { margin: auto; } #gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 50%; } #gallery-1 img { border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; } #gallery-1 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0; }

Putting Android in a coffee maker going too far? | Androidheadlines.com

tktouch12

Reaction score
i like the idea of controlling stuff with my phone. i think everything in our homes should eventually be all controlled by our phones. tvs, washers, dishwashers, lights, stereos, blenders, garage. it would be sweet.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
i like the idea of controlling stuff with my phone. i think everything in our homes should eventually be all controlled by our phones. tvs, washers, dishwashers, lights, stereos, blenders, garage. it would be sweet.

You forgot wife/girlfriend .. <g>

bje1982

Reaction score

You forgot wife/girlfriend .. <g>

that should go into the " apps you want to see made" thread thats #1 for me lol

Edit: at least a mute button would work haha

Darkseider

Reaction score
Hell if I knew I would have had a phone like this 15 years ago and coffee maker like this to go along with it I would never have gotten married! Well not really... but it sure sounds good when I say it in my head. :)

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Hell if I knew I would have had a phone like this 15 years ago and coffee maker like this to go along with it I would never have gotten married! Well not really... but it sure sounds good when I say it in my head. :)

When I cool off a lil, been outside all day, Im gonna try and find where you can order one and price ..

Droids

Reaction score
I've heard Android will be in toasters, and programmable thermostats too. We already know it'll be in TV sets soon. Couple of years and it'll be running the fridge too. And countless other things around the house. I like it.

It could be worse... what if was Windows running on everything, you wouldn't be able to trust anything to run more than a week without a reboot. And if it was iOS, Steve would restrict everything you could do in your own home, because Steve knows what's best for you.

Abadus

Reaction score
It needs to be bluetooth and have coffee push. That would be sweet.

Click a button and it brews your coffee... Why would I want to leave my phone in that machine I got web browsing to do ;P

Asterisk

Reaction score
This would be awesome. Coffee push would be better instead of putting the phone on the coffee maker. It's already been proven that the Droid can solve a rubik's cube in 2 seconds. What's left for this phone to do?

tktouch12

Reaction score
I've heard Android will be in toasters, and programmable thermostats too. We already know it'll be in TV sets soon. Couple of years and it'll be running the fridge too. And countless other things around the house. I like it.

It could be worse... what if was Windows running on everything, you wouldn't be able to trust anything to run more than a week without a reboot. And if it was iOS, Steve would restrict everything you could do in your own home, because Steve knows what's best for you.

hahaha. thats very true. lol. and i hope its in all our stuff, i love it.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would seriously buy this. My mornings revolve around espresso...