Push Email Not Working

NeedHelp

Reaction score
For the past 15 months, I've been using the stock email client on my droid razr to connect to my exchange account at work with push frequency, and everything had been working smoothly until yesterday. For some reason, yesterday the email client stopped pushing. I can manually check my email, but doing so for regular use is not feasible. After this problem started, I received notification about a system update & went through the update. Post-update, the push problem remains. Any suggestions?

Hiker5208

Reaction score
For the past 15 months, I've been using the stock email client on my droid razr to connect to my exchange account at work with push frequency, and everything had been working smoothly until yesterday. For some reason, yesterday the email client stopped pushing. I can manually check my email, but doing so for regular use is not feasible. After this problem started, I received notification about a system update & went through the update. Post-update, the push problem remains. Any suggestions?

Did try just removing the account and reinstalling?

OP
N

NeedHelp

Reaction score
Found Solution

Did try just removing the account and reinstalling?

Thanks for replying. Yes, I tried that; but the problem remained. After posting this query, I came across the recommendation made by Breezex at this link:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/943190

i.e., "Go to Apps (the dots in a circle at the bottom of a screen), at the top of the apps drawer select Widgets, then look for "Power control", install it. The power control widget has a button for Sync On/Off. Not sure this is what you are after, but it's worth a try." This did the trick. Somehow (I'm not too sure how) I had inadvertently toggled to 'Sync Off'. It would have been helpful to have a more direct way to deal with this.