Purple led on screen turn on

potatolover1102

Reaction score
So as the title says, my led flashes a light purple really quickly every time I turn the screen back on with the lock button after its been asleep. Its easier to see in the dark if anyone wants to try it. Has anyone ever seen this? Ill add that I just got my droid x today! Everything else works great just seems random that it flashes and also purple at that. It also does it when my keys light up.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

iwilzkilz585

Reaction score
If your refuring to the led indication area on top. Then ya I have the same issue. I thought it might have to do with efuse but it doesn't. I don't know what to do. I have new x as well.

the5barrons

Reaction score
X3. Just noticed it last night. Seems pretty random. I right it was attached to some notification at first but I can't pin it down either. Battery level?

"what evrrrrr"

kingsway8605

Reaction score
Having the same issue. Is it normal? It is so quick that it can barely be seen.

erict

Reaction score
So as the title says, my led flashes a light purple really quickly every time I turn the screen back on with the lock button after its been asleep. Its easier to see in the dark if anyone wants to try it. Has anyone ever seen this? Ill add that I just got my droid x today! Everything else works great just seems random that it flashes and also purple at that. It also does it when my keys light up.

That is completely normal and not an issue with the phone. In fact, thats not the only time you will see it. If you have your screen on and it gets dim when it's close to timing out, tap the screen again with your finger and you will see it do it. Also, when your screen is off, hit your home button to turn your lock screen on instead of your lock button and you will see it do it as well.

Last edited:
R

RETG

That is completely normal and not an issue with the phone. In fact, thats not the only time you will see it. If you have your screen on and it gets dim when it's close to timing out, tap the screen again with your finger and you will see it do it. Also, when your screen is off, hit your home button to turn your lock screen on instead of your lock button and you will see it do it as well.

No purple under any of those situations on my X.

turdbogls

Reaction score

it is VERY faint on my X...but it is there. the only time i see it is if i am looking for it, while in a dark room. other than that it is un-noticeable to me.

erict

Reaction score

I bet there is. Go to a dark room and wake your screen up while looking where the notification light blinks. Like stated, very faint and quick.

lsilva

Reaction score
I get a purple led when I have a new yahoo mail.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I just tried the "Home button wake-up"...sure enough, a faint purple blink...weird.

Oh well, not something I am gonna concern myself with...doesnt seem to be hurting anything...

R

RETG

I bet there is. Go to a dark room and wake your screen up while looking where the notification light blinks. Like stated, very faint and quick.

Since I checked it after reading your post in a dark environment, I bet there isn't any purple. Since I'm not blind or even color blind, I can tell if it is there or not.

Merlin3100

Reaction score
Craigslist

I may be way off but I have one of the Craigslist apps on my DROID X and I have it set to notify me each time I get a new hit on one of my search. My phone seems to always flash the purple LED any time I get a new hit on Craigslist.

So my question is, does anyone have any kind of app the updates or give you any type of notification to whatever that you can tie to your purple light?