Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
vcP2Bbm.png

OnePlus will be having its first open sale of the OnePlus 2 on October 12 which will allow customers w/o an invite to purchase the phone. The vendor will have the phone up for sale for one hour, starting at 12PM, across several time zones.

Here's when you'll be able to buy the device sans an invite on October 12:
  • Asia: 12:00-1:00 pm HKT
  • Europe: 12:00-1:00 pm CEST
  • North America: 12:00-1:00 pm PDT, 3:00-4:00 pm ET
OnePlus has mentioned that the time slots will be region-locked, meaning that customers in the US will be able to purchase the handset only during the 12PM to 1PM PDT window. You can buy a maximum of two phones per order, but you can place as many orders as you want during the one-hour window.

Source: OnePlus Forums

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
For anyone bothering with this device, you don't need an invite anyway; you can just go to Swappa and buy one. They're selling at MAYBE $10 above what it costs to buy a directly from OnePlus after including taxes and shipping. Not only that, you'll get it within days of buying as opposed to 2 weeks when buying directly from OnePlus.

I should know because I purchased three 1+2s in the hopes of selling them near the price the original 1+1 sold for on Swappa last year... Nope. I got an extra 1+1 last year and I sold the second one for $550. The 1+2 is nowhere near as successful. Once they started delivering in the U.S. the price went through the floor and they're selling BELOW what I paid from OnePlus.

I live in Northern VA just outside of D.C. and it took 2 weeks for my devices to ship. My total each was $402.99 for the 64GB 1+2 (after taxes and shipping). I just checked Swappa, and you can buy it NEW-IN-BOX for $390-$410.

I didn't even bother to sell mine. I RMA'd all of them once people started selling brand new ones for below grand total. Some of the sellers will even give you the account access info used to purchase the phone. Then all you have to do is contact customer service to change the contact info and it's just as if you purchased it anyway (just don't try to return for a refund since it's tied to the original card but you can get a replacement easily if something goes wrong).

What I'm saying is... DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME PLAYING THEIR INVITE GAME the phone is not that popular anymore.