Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
oneplus-one.png

Good news folks! OnePlus is set to begin round 2 of pre-orders on November 17 so that users yearning for a OnePlus One can either buy or pre-order one. The second wave of preorders for the OnePlus One will open up on Nov. 17 for one hour between 11 am and 12 pm EST.

The invite system is still in place and many people are starting to get sick of it already. If you have an invite you can use it during the pre-order window to jump ahead of the waiting list for a device. Users that have purchased a OnePlus One after August 3 have received 3 shareable invites, lasting for up to 7 days, also usable in the pre-order window.

As is the case with the last round, you'll be able to set up your cart before the preorder window opens so that you can just hit the button to send your purchase through without wasting any time.

The phones are known to sell out extremely fast, and OnePlus doesn't place any restrictions on how many devices you can order at one time.

Source: OnePlus

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't been around much as of late - so I'm sure this has already been discussed elsewhere on here... but this seems like one of the most convoluted pre-order/launch/release processes for a phone that I have ever seen. But then again, it's hard to criticize the lunch of a device while the Nexus 6 continues to be in a perpetual state of confusion and rumors and grains-of-salt.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Hey Truss! Good to see you bud!

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Truss! Good to see you bud!

Good to be back! It's been while. Life has finally calmed down a bit and all this crap with the Nexus 6 release made me a bit nostalgic for the days spent waiting for info on the galaxy nexus and posting on here. Figured it was time to dust off the old DF hat and get my butt back involved.

Not to stray too far off topic - why can't a carrier successfully release a flagship phone these days?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I was really interested until they started the invite system. The phone looks like a winner. I'm not down with having to be invited though.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
This company hasn't done anything right yet. I'm sure you all remember their smash your [current] phone for a chance to win a 1+.1.

rainpl

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Do you think it's possible to get one before Xmas if I preorder on Monday but don't have any previous invites?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
One plus will be a one hit wonder. And it doesn't work on Verizon in usa? Do they not want to sell their phone? Seems to me this company is doing everything it can to fail.

By the time people can freely order it, it will be obsolete and not worth even $300. Don't understand why someone would get it instead of lg/Motorola/samsung/sony phones for 200$ or less.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really am not a fan how they do their pre-orders, but I'm excited to see how the phone is. Hopefully they fixed some of the screen issues so people don't have to go through their awful customer support.

Briankbl

Reaction score
One plus will be a one hit wonder. And it doesn't work on Verizon in usa? Do they not want to sell their phone? Seems to me this company is doing everything it can to fail.

By the time people can freely order it, it will be obsolete and not worth even $300. Don't understand why someone would get it instead of lg/Motorola/samsung/sony phones for 200$ or less.
There's no way Verizon would allow a Cyanogenmod phone on their service via contract plans. Verizon wants too much control over the phones on their network. If it was on Verizon, it wouldn't be the open, easy to root phone that it is. A phone MADE for modding. Surely you remember the Galaxy Nexus...

Anyways, I love mine! Good luck to everybody!

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Modding phones is a fraction of customers. If you want successful business you deliver to majority not minority.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Verizon has a proprietary network. Why would a start up invest in one carrier who does not use the most popular frequencies used around the world?

There are plenty of other fish to fry. Once they have established a foot hold I could see it happening.