Punctuation in Stock Text Messaging App

BKApple

Reaction score
I have ICS on my RAZR MAXX and everything is running smoothly. This is a small complaint, but when I'm composing a text, I don't have the same options when I hit the space bar. On GB, hitting the space bar brought up punctuation suggestions, including exclamation points and question marks. Now on ICS, I only get a comma. I can hit the space bar again and get a period, but I have to go into the other symbols to put a question mark or exclamation point. Is there anything that can change this?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
A third party keyboard app may fix this.. not 100% sure though because its all about what you like.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I have ICS on my RAZR MAXX and everything is running smoothly. This is a small complaint, but when I'm composing a text, I don't have the same options when I hit the space bar. On GB, hitting the space bar brought up punctuation suggestions, including exclamation points and question marks. Now on ICS, I only get a comma. I can hit the space bar again and get a period, but I have to go into the other symbols to put a question mark or exclamation point. Is there anything that can change this?

Well SMS, for the most part, isn't exactly the hallmark of people who care about punctuation. Or spelling. Or grammar. Or comprehensibility... :biggrin:

okcthunderfan

Reaction score
If you go into the advanced settings for the keyboard and disable next word prediction then it will show the punctuation options in the suggestion bar. Hope that helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
BKApple

BKApple

Reaction score
If you go into the advanced settings for the keyboard and disable next word prediction then it will show the punctuation options in the suggestion bar. Hope that helps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the responses! This did it!

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
A third party keyboard app may fix this.. not 100% sure though because its all about what you like.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Agreed just get a 3rd party keyboard. I prefer thumb keyboard. This way no matter if you get a new phone your typing will never change.