Pull down Notification

twildman

Reaction score
Had the maxx a few days, working just beautifully, then all of the sudden the pull down notification won't pull down. What is up with that?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I would try a hard reset, hold the volume down and then the power button for 10 seconds and the phone will reboot.

OP
T

twildman

Reaction score
I did do that once, and now it is happening again.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Are you running a custom launcher or any other GUI based tools? How about tools that add, change, or supplement the status bar?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Wonder if you have an app messing you up and causing the issue. If the problem is consistent you can boot into safe mode and test it.

Power off the phone, power the phone back on, as soon as you see the red M logo press and hold the volume up and down until you see safe mode in the corner.

Test and if the problem does not come back then you know it was an app you have installed because safe mode disables all user installed apps.

If that does not work you might have to do a factory data reset.

OP
T

twildman

Reaction score
Don't have very many apps installed. Running the stock ICS, no custom launcher etc. Booted into safe mode, it works fine, but then again it would do that after I powered off and on and then it will begin to stop working.

BaSHa

Reaction score
I was playing around with "Quick Short Cut Maker" and accidently entered into "Phone Cool Down Mode" and after finally getting back to my home screen my notification bar wouldn't pull down either. But a quick restart of the phone fixed it and it hasn't happened since. :huh:

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
twildman said:
Don't have very many apps installed. Running the stock ICS, no custom launcher etc. Booted into safe mode, it works fine, but then again it would do that after I powered off and on and then it will begin to stop working.

How long does it usually take to disappear?
run in safe mode at least that long

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

DethDroid

Reaction score
Had the maxx a few days, working just beautifully, then all of the sudden the pull down notification won't pull down. What is up with that?

Same thing happened with my sons MAXX. We had hoped the ICS update would fix it but it didn't. We tried soft resets and did a factory reset and nothing worked. I finally downloaded a notification app for him.