PS3 Welcome Back program?

Gunslinger

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can get the games without access to a PS3? I had one about 6 months ago, but it died (out of warranty), and I haven't gotten around to getting another. I'd like to be able to grab the games (or the licenses for my account) without having access to the PS3 itself. Any help is appreciated!

dancedroid

Esch88

Reaction score
you have to own and be loged into a ps3, the only way i could see you doing this is if you wer to activate your account on a freinds ps3 then download it, wether you can copy/paste/move the files/games to othe platforms is another question...i highly doubt it is possible but you never know, i would presume you wud need access to a ps3 emulator, good luck in finding a working version of that, you wont be aloud physical copys of the game, you are only permitted to have the file/rom.

OP
Gunslinger

Gunslinger

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'll have to go visit a buddy of mine. As far as moving them to another console, the website says you can download them on up to 5 consoles, so I should be able to re-download them once I get another PS3.

dancedroid

Esch88

Reaction score
you can have your psn ID on 5 consoles, not download it 5 times, you can download content as many times as you wish aslong as you stay within the 5 console limit, me personaly i have reached my limit of 5, if my console is to break i would have to personaly ring up sony to allow my psn ID on a new ps, you also can delete/deactivate your account from a console but the posibility of guesing wen your ps is going 6 feet under is like picking a needle out of a hay stack, the movie store on the psn store has a limit of 1 console so thats a hastle but the quality of the phone service is good, atleast you wont be forwarded to india, like nintendo, microsoft and many phone companies, oh yeah make sure u use your old psn ID before the hack because if you create 1 after it you are not intitled to the free content, you also get a free month on psn plus wich will give you even more content but you are only aloud it if you have psn plus activated, if psn plus runs out your content will become invalid, the 2 free games however will remain yours for however long you see fit.

Esch88

Reaction score
sorry i thought u sed download it up to 5 times, not download up to 5 consoles lol

ColdFusion71

Reaction score
I thought u had to have your original PS3 where u created ur accoount? Maybe that's just to reset your password or something

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Esch88

Reaction score
I thought u had to have your original PS3 where u created ur accoount? Maybe that's just to reset your password or something

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

thats what i thought but i reset my password with no problem on my psn ID

Sent from my R800i using DroidForums

ColdFusion71

Reaction score

Good to know because I have no idea where my original PS3 is :p

As a side note, how do you like your Xperia Play, and did you get a good deal on it?

Esch88

Reaction score

Good to know because I have no idea where my original PS3 is :p

As a side note, how do you like your Xperia Play, and did you get a good deal on it?

its brilliant mate, i got me the n64oid (nintendo 64 emulator) so i can play my fave old school games on it like mario 64 & etc, i got it for £35 ($40) a month with 900 min, unlimited texts & 750mb 3g data contract, im a big fan of my games and love the nostalga of the retro console emulators, i own several old consoles but its a pain to have to set them up but with this i can play them at any time lol, the only 1 down side to it tho and that is that you cant connect your phone to your tv, would of been sweet to play my games on the tv, probs something to do with licensing laws or somthing.

OP
Gunslinger

Gunslinger

Reaction score
....what does that have to do with this thread? *confused*

EDIT: I should learn to read *facepalm*

dancedroid

Last edited:

Esch88

Reaction score
he asked a question n i answered it lol