Proximity sensor keep quitting on me

jhumbo

Reaction score
When I am on a phone call, I like how the proximity sensor turns off the touchscreen when I pull the phone up to my face. Very nice feature. The problem I have is that it keeps quitting on me. It will stop working and then on every call the screen stays lit when I pull it to my face and my face hits keys on the touchscreen, which of course is very annoying. If I shutdown my phone and power it back on again, then everything is fine.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Anyone have any suggestions on what might be causing this? Or at the very least, is there some way to restart whatever task handles this without a full reboot of the phone?

slwilliams

Reaction score
Yes I have experienced this as well. I end up either muting or put my calls on speaker. I have even ended phone calls. I would like to know why the sensor stops working, but I have learned if you hit the power button it times the screen out so that helps.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

asupilam59

Reaction score
Same issue here

I am having the same issue. However, I have noticed it more after adding a screen protector that contains a privacy filter. I have had this happen before which is why it took me the better part of 2 years to come back to a touch screen phone again.

Phone is a Motorola Droid2 Global

OP
J

jhumbo

Reaction score
Just wanted to post an update that this has not re-occurred for me since I did the update a couple weeks ago.

garybking

Reaction score
I have the opposite problem - for some reason when I try to retrieve my voicemail messages, I try to input my access code and the screen blanks out after two characters and I have to shake the pohone or push the power button to get it to come back on. By then, the system has timed out and won't let me continue. This is an intermittent problem, but it is extremely annoying. Usually quits temporarily after I power off and back on.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do you have a screen protector or case on the phone? Sometimes they can interfere.

Sent from my A855, while on the move.

dettofatto

Reaction score
Do you use setcpu, with profile for the call?
Because I've seen that this profile can stop the proximity sensor...