Proper way to load lots of pics?

rsarno

Reaction score
I have a tonnnn of pics id like to add. But i cannot have them all tossed into one folder .. i currently have them sorted in their own labeled folders, and id like to preserve those folders if possible.

so can someone explain how i take lets say 50 folders of pics, drag them onto phone, and have them add to the gallery sorted as i had them?

Skaggz

Reaction score
You can pretty much do exactly what you just said. Drag the individual folders onto your SD card. The gallery will pick them up in each of their respective folders and display the names of the folders.

jgumphress

Reaction score
I added 8 folders of pics to my SD card this weekend and they each contained upwards to 300 plus pics in each folder. When I opened gallery I got the loading notification for over an hour until I finaly gave up and erased 7 of the folders. Then it took about 20 minutes to load the one folder.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Double Twist does a good job of loading photos. It's free, just google it.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I added 8 folders of pics to my SD card this weekend and they each contained upwards to 300 plus pics in each folder. When I opened gallery I got the loading notification for over an hour until I finaly gave up and erased 7 of the folders. Then it took about 20 minutes to load the one folder.

Why would you want 2400 pics on your phone?

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
yea im going to load a few thousand also ... mostly family pics, so when i go to parties i can show them off, or view them on long trips which i take often

so ill drag/drop just into top directory? or do i make a pictures folder or something?

thanks. ill also google that other tool

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
so ill drag/drop just into top directory? or do i make a pictures folder or something?
Wherever you want them. Some people place photos under a Media folder at the root but the Gallery will find them unless you take steps to specifically exclude them.

Why would you want 2400 pics on your phone?
Same reason(s) anyone would want any other number of photos. Why does the "why" matter?

Silver Member
Reaction score
as far as getting them there, there are lots of wifi options too, like estrongs that lets you browse network shares.

i've found that having access to albums on facebook does just as good of a job as keeping them on my phone.

jgumphress

Reaction score
I'm not a music person and don't have but a couple of songs loaded. But I love photos and videos. I tried to put my entire photo album on my Droid because some one is always asking about my family at church. I tried locating Double Twist, not on Market, and only available for PC as far as I can make out from the vast number of hits on Google.

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
what prompted me to ask this question is that i dragged 5 folders of music into my device, and it did not preserve the folders within media player.

i have it on my pc so that each folder is a playlist

jgumphress

Reaction score
Yes, that is disturbing. I dropped a folder with the entire audio Bible onto my SD card and when I opened it in the muusic player it not only placed each book in alpha order, it also placed my music and other audio books mingled into it as well. Is there an app that will preserve original order?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
what prompted me to ask this question is that i dragged 5 folders of music into my device, and it did not preserve the folders within media player.

i have it on my pc so that each folder is a playlist
IIRC the stock music app uses the tag data. A folder is a folder. A playlist is a playlist. If you want folders to act as a playlist you'd have to find a music app that does that.