Program to Edit Contacts via Windows

LastBoyScout

Reaction score
Is there a program to let me edit contacts in Windows?

I would like to be able to go through and edit the ringtone and contact info some other way than using the contacts on my Droid.

I have around 300 contacts and need to regroup these people along with tagging each group with a ringtone and picture.

Thanks,

LBS

Droids

Reaction score
Use your gmail account on the computer to edit contacts. You can also export them to a csv file and edit them in Excel. Ringtones will need to be set on the phone however.

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Use your gmail account on the computer to edit contacts. You can also export them to a csv file and edit them in Excel. Ringtones will need to be set on the phone however.

Will the contacts sync OTA once I've edited them or will I need to force them to sync from the Droid. I had completely forgotten about that option, thanks for the answer.

OP
LastBoyScout

LastBoyScout

Reaction score
Any other option? I dont have all 300 contacts in gmail, and quite frankly dont care to add them that way.

I miss being able to use BitPim to do these things.... :(

theascended

Reaction score
Any other option? I dont have all 300 contacts in gmail, and quite frankly dont care to add them that way.

Export the contacts from bitpim in vcard format then import them to google. They should actually keep the groups that your dumb phone had before as well.

SirSyeco

Reaction score
yep thats what I did also and it worked like a charm. Then in Google you can group and add info if needed.

Then it sync's right up with your phone automatically.

OP
LastBoyScout

LastBoyScout

Reaction score
either way i still have 300 contacts that i have to individually assign ringtones to.

maybe i should post contact management as a suggestion to the Droid Explorer peeps

OP
LastBoyScout

LastBoyScout

Reaction score
on a side note, i do appreciate everyone's answers, im just not happy about my new task of ringtone assignment

HEMDROID

Reaction score

If you have all 300 in your phone and you have synced with g mail, there all in g mail now! this is the one and only thing I don't like about this phone. Why does Google force your contacts to g mail??? anyone?

OP
LastBoyScout

LastBoyScout

Reaction score
hmm. none of my contacts updated to gmail. i must not have something set to sync them there.

not worried about it right now. its friday....

HEMDROID

Reaction score
hmm. none of my contacts updated to gmail. i must not have something set to sync them there.

not worried about it right now. its friday....
TGIF! yep I'm more concerned about the tequila brand my friend got for Margaritas later

BigTex71

Reaction score
either way i still have 300 contacts that i have to individually assign ringtones to.

maybe i should post contact management as a suggestion to the Droid Explorer peeps

Do you seriously need different ringtones for all 300 contacts? Why not just look at the phone to see who is calling when it rings? :icon_ banana:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google's approach will always be to prefer the cloud. You'd probably need to find an app if you want to edit on your PC without going through gmail.