Profiles (ala BlackBerry) on Droid?

xwera43

Reaction score
If you use Handsent SMS you can create separate sounds for each contact. When in an SMS conversation press the upper right button (with the pict of a person & a gear) and modify the Notifications setting. Very cool & free app.

-X

T0DD

Reaction score
If you use Handsent SMS you can create separate sounds for each contact. When in an SMS conversation press the upper right button (with the pict of a person & a gear) and modify the Notifications setting. Very cool & free app.

-X

I'm not trying to be rude... But "handcent sms" is how it's spelled, and it's great.

Gadgetguitar

Reaction score
Coming from BB and needed my profiles!

Just wanted to comment on the profile issue coming from a Blackberry.

I tried two profile apps from the market Quick Profiles and an app called Profiles.

Liked both but keeping Profiles. Quick Profiles was good. Allowed you to create any type of profile and store it. Tap the icon and switch to the profile.

Profiles has about the same, but I like it because of the profile loading in the notification window. I can do a swipe and click the profile name and pick a new one. No app icon taking up space on my home screens.

Going to try Locale after reading the board.

Just my take on the much needed profile switch coming from a Blackberry

Jimbo

Reaction score
Using an app called "Profiles" not Quick Profiles. This app has customizable icons for the status bar so you know what is set. Has easy icon access from home screens. Can change most notifications.

Seems to work very well.

xwera43

Reaction score

-X

I'm not trying to be rude... But "handcent sms" is how it's spelled, and it's great.

Nice catch... Good old AutoCorrection. :(

-X