Profiles (ala BlackBerry) on Droid?

W-NJ

Reaction score
Anyone have suggestions about how you would go about setting up something like custom "profiles" on the Droid to quickly adjust sounds?

For example, during normal operating conditions, I'd like to have my ringer set to loud and notifications also loud, but at night, I'd like to silence all notifications and have my ringer set to low. Sort of a "wake" mode and a "sleep" mode. Make sense?

I was able to achieve this on my Blackberry by creating custom profiles.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yup I liked that about the blackberry. Anybody have a solution?

mjs31

Reaction score
Yup I liked that about the blackberry. Anybody have a solution?

Market is your friend folks. I went into market and did a search for Profiles. I was given a list of many, but the first was named Quick profiles which creates custom ones. Have not tried it, but it is free and have good reviews. I am sure there are many others.

Just downloaded and tested it. You can literally change every setting imaginable. Ringer mode, volume, Media volume, Notification volume, Alarm volume, wifi, bluetooth, brightness and so on... worked great.

Last edited:
OP
W

W-NJ

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll give that a try and report back...

Stigy

Reaction score
Check out Locale: Locale v0.69 beta Application for Android | Tools

It allows you to create profiles based on certain conditions (time, location, calendar events, etc...) and then it will activate them when the conditions are met. For example I have a condition for when I get home that turns my ringer on loud and turns the Wi-Fi on.

I use it ALL the time and it amazes me every time.

loboblanco

Reaction score
I downloaded Quick Profile. It works great. I put it on my home screen and I can quickly change from Loud, Low and Vibrate. (You create as many profiles as you want, name them and customize them)

dajakal

Reaction score
Check out Locale: Locale v0.69 beta Application for Android | Tools

It allows you to create profiles based on certain conditions (time, location, calendar events, etc...) and then it will activate them when the conditions are met. For example I have a condition for when I get home that turns my ringer on loud and turns the Wi-Fi on.

I use it ALL the time and it amazes me every time.
I posted a topic on this before I found this thread. Locale does exactly what I want, which was just automatically changing volume profiles whether it's charging or not. Thanks!

docowen

Reaction score
Anyone know of a way to separate SMS and Email notifications...I would like my texts to sound at night but not my junk mail.

ibdmom54

Reaction score
Anyone know of a way to separate SMS and Email notifications...I would like my texts to sound at night but not my junk mail.
I would like to know how to do that too. I'd like to know if the notification is for a text or an email.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Open your text messaging, and change the sound. Same for e-mail. I have separate sounds for both, as well as a different one for Twitter notifications. Also, the application Missed Call (free) lets you customize more of these settings, and led colors. I have purple led's for text, blue for twitter, red for missed calls, etc...(Can not set led's for e-mail, but you can change sounds like I mentioned above...)

ibdmom54

Reaction score
Thanks! I just got my Droid yesterday and am trying to figure all this out... gotta remember that 'menu'!!!!

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used PhoneAlarm for years on my Q. I find the Sound Manager app to work quite well. Didn't try Timeriffic. With Sound Manager, I have all sounds stop everyday at 11:00 pm. OnM-F, all sounds start at 9:00am. Weekends, they start at 11:00am. Phone will always vibrate for calls...