Profile managers

D

dankarlinski

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a profile manager app so I can have a few different profiles. Basically like this:

Normal
- ring and notif. As set

Vibrate
- no sounds only vibrate

Silent
- no sounds or vibrate

Work
- only phone ringtone and calendar

I am currently using simple sound profile manager, but it seems to reset my default ringtone to the phone ringtone, which is irritating.

I have also used ringmanager (I think it was called) but that was a huge pain to set up.

Any other suggestions?
From my Liberated Droid 2 (Liberty v 1.5)

OP
D

dankarlinski

No one uses any kind of profile managers?

jadk1432

Reaction score
Did you try the app I mentioned? It is only $1.99 and is really working very well.

Scallywag1

Reaction score
Audio manager. Been using out since day one

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

dankarlinski

I tried the beta app. It seems exactly what I use now, only I can control bluetooth and wifi (which is very useful as well). I'm gunna have to try the other one mentioned above

Did you try the app I mentioned? It is only $1.99 and is really working very well.

harrellj

Reaction score
If you want to schedule when to use the different profiles, try settings profiles, timerriffic, tasker (extremely powerful, but of a learning curve) or locale.

OP
D

dankarlinski

Yeah. I really like the settings profile app. I might end up sticking with that. One thing that I still can't really seem to find is a way to have some apps play sound, and others not.

I.e.
For work, I only need calendar and phone calls, no email, sms, etc.

Is there a way to do that with any of these apps? I've looked, but maybe I'm missing it?

If not, that's alright, I can deal with just my phone ringing.

OP
D

dankarlinski

I ended up sticking with one called toggle settings. Its quick, easy, and very in depth. Thanks for all the help!!