Product review....Does this sound legit or is this a scam?

1android

Reaction score
Got a private message with this....

"Hi,

I am a representative of RearthUSA. We are a recently launched company in the U.S., and we are seeking consumer responses to our products so that we can revise them in order to better suit your preferences. We are currently trying to improve our newly release HTC Thunderbolt case. We would like to mail you a case free of charge so that you can test and use our product in order for us to gain some valuable consumer feedback.

Color selections are at random so we could test out all of our colors. http://www.rearthusa.com/HTC-ThunderBolt_p_156.html . Don’t worry for guys we will send guy color and vice versa for girls.We would highly appreciate your comments, concerns, and suggestions in regard to our HTC Thunderbolt Case. If you enjoy our product and feel that it is something worth sharing with other members of the community we would truly appreciate you taking the time to post a review on the forum so that other members have the opportunity to view it and deliver their feedback as well.

If you are interested in assisting us to develop a top-quality product then please feel free to respond to me via email at – [email protected]. Once you have confirmed with me your shipping address, we will ship the case out to you immediately. Thank you very much for all of your time and consideration of this message. We look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

[FONT=&quot]Chuck[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]RearthUSA.com[/FONT]
Thunderbolt Case Feedback Program

PS: Also, please don’t forget to tell us your forum username so we know who you are."

This sound lagit or is this a scam??

prokrypt

Reaction score
seems legit enough to me... go get your free case now ;)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Asking you to use your Forum user name?

I think it smells fishy.

LocalFiveOh

Reaction score
As a police officer I deal with fraud cases weekly. If they ask for any kind of credit card or bank info its a scam. If they offer to send you a check western union, its a scam, but the western union is typically way for someone to rip you off if they are buying something from you.

I would have it sent to a business address where you know someone so they don't have your home address.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Beardface

Reaction score
Looks legit to me. I'd respond, but be very cautious if they ask for anything more personal than your address to mail the case. Name, address, possibly phone number or email address (though, if they found you on here, not sure they'll need the last 2) are fine. If they sent you the offer through PM, it only makes sense that you give them your ID, so they can verify its really you, and not one of us.

If they ask for anything else, like SSN, CC#, bank account info, etc, immediately cut off conversation. Otherwise, it looks like you've got yourself a free case for testing coming!