Problems with sending picture messages

cullenpants

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I have a Moto Droid and for some reason I cannot send picture messages to any other phone. I can send pictures through email however. Also, I cannot receive picture messages through any phone other than another Droid. Please help!

Benton

Reaction score
Sounds a bit unusual if this applies to any other phone you are sending it to. A couple of questions:

1. Is this a new problem or something you have had since you got the device?
2. To confirm, using stock Messaging or other app to send the pictures?
3. Are you roaming or on the Home Verizon network?
4. Are you sending just pictures you took from your camera (via Gallery or other)?

OP
C

cullenpants

Reaction score
Sounds a bit unusual if this applies to any other phone you are sending it to. A couple of questions:

1. Is this a new problem or something you have had since you got the device?
2. To confirm, using stock Messaging or other app to send the pictures?
3. Are you roaming or on the Home Verizon network?
4. Are you sending just pictures you took from your camera (via Gallery or other)?

For the first question yes I always thought that maybe it would fix itself. I've had this device since March. Also, whenever I try sending a pic message, it always says that it is sending, but then it has been sending for a whole month.

I tried both. I sent it using the stock Messaging then Handcent, but neither worked. I also uninstalled Handcent and tried to send a pic but still, nothing worked.

I'm usually roaming if that means out of the house. I usually try to send a pic message if I want to send a picture of where I am to a friend such as a place.

And yes, I send pictures that I took with the built in camera.

Benton

Reaction score
Not sure if we are talking about the same thing in Roaming but if you are not on the network that you have your data plan with (such as being under contract with Verizon but using another provider's tower) then your issue may be that your data is disabled when not on home network. You can change this in settings but data Roaming isn't cheap. I travel overseas where Roaming is a reality but I disable data when not on my home network to prevent $$ from flying over the air. With the data disabled I cannot send or receive picture messages. I use wifi when overseas to get to my mail, etc...no cost wifi that is.

OP
C

cullenpants

Reaction score
Not sure if we are talking about the same thing in Roaming but if you are not on the network that you have your data plan with (such as being under contract with Verizon but using another provider's tower) then your issue may be that your data is disabled when not on home network. You can change this in settings but data Roaming isn't cheap. I travel overseas where Roaming is a reality but I disable data when not on my home network to prevent $$ from flying over the air. With the data disabled I cannot send or receive picture messages. I use wifi when overseas to get to my mail, etc...no cost wifi that is.

um I haven't tried sending a picture overseas so no that's not the problem. I think I might try just bringing it to the Verizon store and ask them to look at/replace my phone

dylanthecat

Reaction score
If you are not on your home network you need to have data roaming checked. menu/wireless & networks/mobile networks/data roaming.

Use at your own risk of added costs. I have never had any though.

HolyDiver

Reaction score
Also Having A Pic Send Issue

Hello,

I'm having a similar issue. i used both regular messaging and Handcent and sometime it takes days for a pic to send, i don't usually have issues with receiving pics and i also am never roaming. i have a hunch that if i dont exit the messenger until i see it send that that might work. so i am thinking that if u exit before it sends then that's were the issues are stemming from... make any sense? thanks

allikanbe

Reaction score
I couldn't send pics on OEM messenger or handcent. I went to verizon store and they did a hard reset. I had to put my droid back to the way i wanted it - apps and such, but now it sends pics.