Problems with Mic

Magus920

Reaction score
The mic to my phone as I talk to whoever just started giving out. The person on the other side of my line doesnt hear me at all. But when I put my phone into Speaker mode, the person on the other line hears me just fine...

.... Any ideas or help please?

My only alternative at the moment is to use my Bluetooth, but there are times the Bluetooth doesn't keep its connection to the phone.

bmxmster

Reaction score
The mic to my phone as I talk to whoever just started giving out. The person on the other side of my line doesnt hear me at all. But when I put my phone into Speaker mode, the person on the other line hears me just fine...

.... Any ideas or help please?

My only alternative at the moment is to use my Bluetooth, but there are times the Bluetooth doesn't keep its connection to the phone.

Make sure your phone isnt connecting to bluetooth while your on the phone, very common problem so just make sure its off and turn the phone off and on. and try and if you cant still do a recovery mode data and cache wipe. if you need details on that let me know, you dont lose anything by the way

OP
M

Magus920

Reaction score
The first time I had this problem was when I made a call when the Bluetooth setting on the phone was off.

Now when i talk on the phone without speaker, The person I am talking to says I sound very distant from the phone. But I sound fine when I talk on Speaker mode.

Im not sure if its a software issue or a hardware problem... But i do like to know how to Cache wipe. please.

Im using a Droid 1 btw.

bmxmster

Reaction score
The first time I had this problem was when I made a call when the Bluetooth setting on the phone was off.

Now when i talk on the phone without speaker, The person I am talking to says I sound very distant from the phone. But I sound fine when I talk on Speaker mode.

Im not sure if its a software issue or a hardware problem... But i do like to know how to Cache wipe. please.

Im using a Droid 1 btw.

Ok turn your phone off> Slide it open> hold the X button on the keyboard and hold the power button until it turns on> Once it is on you should get a little Android symbol next to a exclamation mark <!> Press the magnifying glass search button on the keyboard and a command prompt will come up> Slide it closed use the volume keys to go up and down and camera button to select> Do the data wipe/reset first and then the cache wipe> Then the reboot option.

Let me know if you have any problems?

OP
M

Magus920

Reaction score
Hmmm i get to the part when you turn the phone back on after holding down the X-key and it shows the <!> with the laying android.

But when i push the magnifying glass on the keyboard, nothing happens. Its almost like my phone stays there frozen.

Am i missing something?