problems with droid forums application

jcwilliams

Reaction score
i have been using droid forums app for a while now and come to find out it can be set to get notifications. i have set it up to check and to notify me of mew posts and it dont work. it also forces closed on me quite a bit. i also have been trying to upload screen shots of my home screen with this app and it says invalid format. im using shootme to take screen shots. ive been able to upload background images from the app no problem and it seems im the only one having problems with uploading screen shots.
thanks in advance

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use the app and have no issues. Did you verify the notification rington has been selected? Do you have the latest release? If you feel these are in place delete the app and reinstall.

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
yea ive selected the ringtone i want and then backed out. ive also uninstalled and reinstalled twice. im not sure whats going on. is there a setting that i have to play with on the actual website to make the notifications work or something? i know that everytime i go into the app it actually loads up like its been shut down.

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
ive been having problems with widgets not staying on my screen also. this may be related some how im not sure but i downloaded poweramp music app and put the widget on my home screen and when i reboot my phone the next morning it was gone. so i then went to add the widget back and it was not in my widget list. so i uninstalled and reinstalled and then it worked but same problem it went away on a reboot and stayed away. this is one of 4 widgets doing it to me. the others are onesevenpro, winamp and circle battery indicator widget. im thinking of doing a wipe or something and see if its a setting issue or something...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
That does seem strange that your widgets are disappearing. Are you using a different launcher?

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
yes launcher pro plus and none of the apps that i am having problems with are on the sdcard either...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Try removing the launcher if that does not rectify then it may be time for a reset.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I might be wrong but I thought the DF app will only notify for PM's not new posts.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe you are correct! The notifications I receive are for PM, duh!

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
ok the droid forums app notification being just for pm's makes since ive never gotten a pm so i didnt know thanks for the help on that. im still stumped as to why it wont let me upload my screen shots when other people can do it with no problems. and about the launcher im going to just try clearing the default real quick and use the stock home and see if that does the trick besides removing it and all my settings.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use DroCap not sure it makes a difference. What format does shootme create? When you want to upload an attachment it only accepts certain formats (bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip) check the size as well.

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
i cleared launcher pro default and those widgets still wont show up on the stock launcher. so i may be trying a reset id hate to do it though but if thatll help then...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not positive that it will but I'm out of suggestions. Let us know what you decide and if it rectifies the issue.

BTW I sent you a PM to see if you get a notification in the DF app

OP
jcwilliams

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I use DroCap not sure it makes a difference. What format does shootme create? When you want to upload an attachment it only accepts certain formats (bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip) check the size as well.

it makes them in a png format. how do i check size and stuff like that? i went to the picture in my gallery and it just says when it was taken and what format it is in.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
Make sure the app is not installed on sdcard. Move it to phone if it is.

That's probably the disappearing widget problem.

~ DroidForums.net App ~