Problems with .893 ota with stock rooted bionic

carlito_droid

Reaction score
i have a bionic rooted with syst version 5.5.886... no custom roms installed all the bloatware is there, anyways i downloaded the OTA update i went into sock recovery by pressing (vol up + vol down and power) so i select the update and select it, it starts and but then it aborts... any suggestions, ideas, or anything i might be doing wrong? any input would be appreciated...

OP
C

carlito_droid

Reaction score
no havnt tried that, worth a shot i guess, what about the cheesecake apk, i read it somewhere what does it do?

harpdoc

Reaction score
I couldn't get it to work without the Cheesecake app. I recommend that route.

OP
C

carlito_droid

Reaction score
1) where can i get teh cheesecake app i didnt find it in the market and instructions how to do it
2) i have no idea if im deodexed so im assuming no? how do i find out?

Zane_Grey

Reaction score
You don't need the cheesecake app to upgrade to .893. You can just get the update from p3droid's thread on mydroidworld.

Droid Bionic Update Files

If you were deodexed you would know since you have to install a package through recovery, but to check use root explorer or some type of root file explorer and check your /system/app/ or /system/framework/ and see if there are any files in there ending with .odex.

OP
C

carlito_droid

Reaction score
yeah i gotta a few of them that finish in odex like account and syncsettings.odex, adminfeednotifier.odex, backupassistanceclient.odex, and couple more? what does it mean? is it supposed to be something else?

Zane_Grey

Reaction score
yeah i gotta a few of them that finish in odex like account and syncsettings.odex, adminfeednotifier.odex, backupassistanceclient.odex, and couple more? what does it mean? is it supposed to be something else?

Thats how it is supposed to be when you are stock not deodexed. Try downloading the .866 ---> .893 from the link I posted. That is the upgrade download I used and it worked first attempt.

OP
C

carlito_droid

Reaction score
Thats how it is supposed to be when you are stock not deodexed. Try downloading the .866 ---> .893 from the link I posted. That is the upgrade download I used and it worked first attempt.

aight imma try it out then :blink: so the 3 line for the permanent root i just put those 3 add on lines at the very bottom where it tells u to do it and i should be good to keep my root when/if i successfully update my phone to .893 right?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious as to what error you are getting when it aborts, same thing happens to me - it's a verifying system error

OP
C

carlito_droid

Reaction score
yoooo Zane i tried the update that u told me to download but nothing man i dont know what could it be ive done everything but whatever i get this error code

Last edited: