Problems syncing with facebook

bigLanky

Reaction score
Last night I added someone to my contact list and then added them on facebook. Since the name I had in my phone and the name they had on facebook were different, it didnt sync. What i did was go into the facebook app and manually join the 2 accounts. It was still showing the facebook name so i deleted the account and tried starting over. Now, when i go into facebook and search for the name, i can no longer click on that person's picture to bring up the 3 boxes that were there (contacts, email, facebook icons) - can anyone help me get these back?

droider4life

Reaction score
so their facebook and your contact info have different names?? the other day i tried to update some new contacts and sync them with facebook and it was not working so i went into facebook settings and removed all facebook info.. then i went back in and resynced it and it fixed my problems so maybe try that... also the two contacts have to have the same name as far as i have found..

Last edited:

CBLJazz

Reaction score
Last night I added someone to my contact list and then added them on facebook. Since the name I had in my phone and the name they had on facebook were different, it didnt sync. What i did was go into the facebook app and manually join the 2 accounts. It was still showing the facebook name so i deleted the account and tried starting over. Now, when i go into facebook and search for the name, i can no longer click on that person's picture to bring up the 3 boxes that were there (contacts, email, facebook icons) - can anyone help me get these back?

i also have a facebook contact problem. I think the issue is that fb apps suck on all platforms.

My brother changed his name on fb and it changed on my phone visually.
I say visually beause when i go to EDIT CONTACT it has the name as I initially typed it into gmail contacts.

myriad46

Reaction score

If the name in your contacts and the name in Facebook do not match, I would change the name in your contacts. I have done this and after a few minutes it connects the two just fine.

The feature you are talking about when you tap their picture and the 3 boxes pop up is called "Quick Contact". It is a new feature in Android 2.0 and forward. It tries to link names between common applications such as Facebook, Contacts, Messaging, Maps, etc. When you see the box with their picture in it, you can press it and link to other places that they are in your phone.

Facebook is secondary to this setup. They will be in all the things indicated in their profile first. If they have a home number it will show the phone icon to call them. If they have a mobile number it will show the call icon and a text message icon. If they have an email, it will show the gmail icon and if it is a gmail account it will show the gtalk icon. If, and here is the breakdown, if their name happens to match a name in your facebook friends list, then facebook gets added to the list. If the name is different, then from all those other programs you won't see the facebook logo as an option in Quick Contact and therefore, from Facebook, won't be able to link back to the others.

droider4life

Reaction score
what do you mean removed facebook info

sorry i should have explained that better... if u open the facebook app where it shows newsfeed, friends, photos, take photo. etc.... then hit the four lines on the bottom of your phone then hit settings>sync contacts>remove facebook data.... then go back to the same place and sync with existing contacts... hope this helps if the two names match, it should work for you.

OP
B

bigLanky

Reaction score
that seemed to fix it! thanks to everyone for the help. I deleted facebook data and resynched and were all good now

glamtek666

Reaction score
My contacts sync, but no pics syncing. This happened after I had to change my FB password. I tried doing the above suggested steps, but contact pics still wont sync

myriad46

Reaction score
Are there any pictures at all? I had some pictures in my google contacts before I got the droid, and I had to delete them one by one on the web before the phone would use the Facebook pictures.

OP
B

bigLanky

Reaction score
now the problem i have is that i have contacts in as "Mom" and it shows her facebook name "Jane Doe" - i searched and searched but nothing seemed to work. does anyone know how to set it so that her picture and facebook status updates will sync but i can change the name in my contacts ?

droider4life

Reaction score
now the problem i have is that i have contacts in as "Mom" and it shows her facebook name "Jane Doe" - i searched and searched but nothing seemed to work. does anyone know how to set it so that her picture and facebook status updates will sync but i can change the name in my contacts ?
If I am following u correctly...... my dad was pops in my phone so I changed my contact to his real name and hit sync and it matched the two right up..