Problems streaming radio and sleep mode on droid?

itsamystery

Reaction score
I just got a new android a few days ago. Am streaming radio through Absolute Radio in UK using their app downloaded from the Market Place. But the sound stops when the screen timeout goes into "sleep mode".
I have to "unlock" the start screen and then the radio audio comes back.
How can I get the streaming audio to last beyond the maximum 30 minute screen timeout?

The streaming audio also stops when I open another app such as returning to my home page, but when I go back to the streaming app, the link is still active and music starts again. I thought one of the main advantages to the droid was the ability to listen to music and run other apps.

MCoupe

Reaction score
The apps usually tell you when you download them what controls and access they gain to your Droid.. such as "sleep disabled" or "modify SD card" etc. Did that program tell you when it installed that it disables sleep?

I'm using Stream Furious which disables the sleep function. I can also hit the power button and turn off the screen or hit the Home button w/out streaming radio shutting off at all. The other popular program around here is DroidLive Lite but I've never tried it and it's supposed to be more intuitive to install and run.

MCoupe

Reaction score
actually I just looked it up and Stream Furious uses WAKE_LOCK. I don't see anything for Absolute Radio app that keeps it awake other than PHONE_STATE(?)

OP
I

itsamystery

Reaction score
The apps usually tell you when you download them what controls and access they gain to your Droid.. such as "sleep disabled" or "modify SD card" etc. Did that program tell you when it installed that it disables sleep?

I'm using Stream Furious which disables the sleep function. I can also hit the power button and turn off the screen or hit the Home button w/out streaming radio shutting off at all. The other popular program around here is DroidLive Lite but I've never tried it and it's supposed to be more intuitive to install and run.
Thanks for the reply. I looked up apps to disable sleep mode and downloaded screenmodewidget. Now the sleep mode does not disable the streaming radio audio. But I am still confused as to why when I am listening to the radio and want to use another app the audio shuts off.

OP
I

itsamystery

Reaction score
actually I just looked it up and Stream Furious uses WAKE_LOCK. I don't see anything for Absolute Radio app that keeps it awake other than PHONE_STATE(?)
Thanks for the streamfurious info. Just downloaded that, and through the link at the bottom to other radiostations to shoutcast, I was able to tune in to Absolute Radio and have uninteruppted streaming while using other apps. All problems solved! This forum is spectacular!