Problems installing apps...Plese help?

dreemesicle

Reaction score
I'm checking out the apps in the Droid Market and when I go to install them, a red pop up window says "This app has access to the following...
*System tools...the app can prevent phone from sleeping.Will this drain my battery quicker?
*Storage (modify/delete SD card contents)
*Hardware controls (record audio, take pictures)

Since I'm a new Droid user, I'm not sure what all of this means to me. I can continue to install the apps but I thought it would be best to check with you guys first.
The apps I was checking out were the ones listed here and the 10 Must Have Apps article. I sure could use your help!

xxfire

Reaction score
just click ok.
It's letting you know changes that's being made...
ALL apps do it.

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
That is telling you the different features of your phone the app has access to. Its just giving you information so you can make a better decission. Some people may not like that the app has access to phone calls for example. For me i don't worry to much about it. Just allows you to make a more informaed decission

OP
D

dreemesicle

Reaction score
Thank you guys for the help! I was concerned since it said it could effect the phone from sleeping and drain the battery, that this would cause a problem.
I appreciate your help! Hope you both are having a fantastic day!
Tmmy*

LordKastle

Reaction score
Depending on the app, various functions of the phone must be accessed. For example using an app that has to access GPS or WIFI you will see similar related messages when installing.

The only time you should do a double take is if the application you are downloading has no relevance accessing information it has no business doing. If I am downloading a game like Doom and it says it has to access my phone calls...while it is no big deal, it it makes you wonder why.