Problems connecting D1 with RazrMaxx

xxwabbit

Reaction score
I have no problems with my laptop connecting to the RazrMaxx via foxfi but cannot connect the D1. I can see wireless hotspots on the D1 so that means the wifi radio is working and the signal strength is strong with the Razr. I did an FDR on the D1 but no change. I'm not rooted. Seems like I was able to 6 months ago. Any thoughts?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Wow digging way back here, but I think the D1 broadcasts a different wifi signal, think it was Ad-Hoc? So there are some work arounds, but off the top of my head and on my phone...can't think of any. I'll try to take a look into it when I get back on my PC if no one else answers by then.

OP
xxwabbit

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Ya I still have fond memories of those days...but I wanted to hook it up for my wife to play with it as it just lays in its coffin...She is gonna use it wherever there is a hotspot and at home to play a game. Long live the D1!! Adhoc..I'll do some searching.

hecksagon

Reaction score
Could be that your new phone is using 802.11N while the OG Droid only supports 802.11B&G?

OP
xxwabbit

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Hmm. I hadn't realized the maxx only supports n.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Double check to see the broadcast setting of the Maxx. If it does broadcast in N then it may show up but a connection won't be established.