Problem with transferring contacts from DroidX to Lexus RX350

atomarchio

Reaction score
Just bought Droidx and having problems getting contacts transferred to 2011 Lexus RX350.

The bluetooth phone and audio works fine. Only have the problem with the contacts.

I can see "phonebook request" on the phone when attempt this but then transfer fails a few seconds later.

Any ways to resolve this?

sjmsing

Reaction score
Transfering contacts from Droid to Lexus

Have you had any success? I just got a 2011 IS 350 AWD and am having the same problem. I found this on clublexus.com and plan to try it.

This is BS.....my dealer told me the same thing, because they couldn't figure out how to do it so they made up some nonsense about Verizon blocking it.

The problem is with Android, you need to download a free program called "Bluetooth File Transfer" from the market and install it. Once the bluetooth in the car is ready to receive the contacts, open the program on the phone, go to menu-->more-->send contacts. It will bring up a list of your contacts, you check which ones you want to transfer. It's easy as pie.

johnkni

Reaction score
Transferring Contacts from Droid x2

I just transferred contacts from Droid x2 to a 2004 Toyota Prius using the Bluetooth File Transfer (BFT) app. Presume process will work with other cars. Process was: 1. get to point with car that it asks you to send the contacts from the cell phone. 2. open the Droid's BFT app 3. press Droid's menu button 4. tap "More" 5. Press "Send Contacts" 6. Select contacts to be sent by touching check mark box to right of contact name 6. tap "Send as single" or "Send as multiple" 7. Touch the "Hands Free - Audio>Hands Free" icons.

My 125 contacts were sent in a few seconds. Cheers.