Problem with Syncing Contacts

doonger

Reaction score
I think I am having some minor issues with the syncing of my Google contacts with my Droid. When I go to Settings -> Accounts & Sync then click on my gmail account, the "Sync Contacts" section shows a last sync'd date of 11/24, even though I have tried to sync it more recently. When I try to sync, the refresh icon starts turning but stops and does not disappear. I say "I think" I have a problem because I am not positive that any contacts out of sync - but I have to assume that this is the case if the system is telling me the sync has not finished since 11/24.

Other threads indicated that this was likely caused by birthdays without years. I corrected this by setting all birthday years to 1900 (if they were empty) via my gmail account (online) but it hasn't fixed the problem for me. I'm wondering if some old data on the Droid could be causing the problem...

Has anybody else had this same problem, or more importantly, found a good way to fix it? I saw one suggestion of resetting the phone, but obviously I don't want to do this since I've spent a lot of time getting it the way I like it...Thanks in advance for any suggestions!