Problem with Swype

reebz

Reaction score
I just updated to 12.24 and when I installed Swype, I'm getting a message saying I need to generate a new license. It say "Swype is not properly licensed. To Fix - Press "Disable Swype". I'm supposed to uncheck the box next to Swype in keyboard settings then return to original screen and click on box saying "Generate License". There is no box in keyboard settings next to Swype. Swype did work in previous MIUI, I think it was 12.11. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

EDIT- I found a solution on Swype forums.

Uninstall Swype (no need to remove swypeinstaller)
Run SwypeInstaller and go through the installation process
After pressing the "Finish" button, reboot your device
Try to use Swype

Last edited:

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Where are you getting a finish button? I haven't tried installing Swype from the installer due to everyones problems but decided to tonight but there isn't a finish button

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
R

reebz

Reaction score
Ah jeez, I think I got the finish button after installation and setting Swype as my input method, I think. I don't quite remember now

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh, I see. I get stuck at that generating license part everyone seems to get stuck at. People were talking about uninstalling and redownloading it all over and over again to get it to work but I don't know if I want to do all of that.

fox_dye

Reaction score
Swype is working fine for me. I know that doesn't help but I did a wipe and a fresh instal and it seems to be working great. I swyped this whole reply.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.....

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I got it working last night. I didn't realize I had the installer on my card twice. And for good measures I used the stock browser for the download and it generated the license and everything.