Swype December Update- "Generate License" problem

tu3218

Reaction score
So I'm trying to install this new update of swype and everything installs fine but after I hit the "Done" button, it says something generating license then it asks me to generate license. I click generate and it says swype is currently selected as my input method and too change it an then click generate. I go into settings, change it, and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Jarllax

Reaction score
I just experienced the same issue tonight. What I did to resolve it was after changing my input method back to default keyboard I held the Home key down to get the recent applications popup to show and then selected Swype Installer.

Hope this helps.

OP
T

tu3218

Reaction score
Yeah I tried that, an then it would ask me to log in again, it would say generating license, then it would just stop an log in would pop up again. Its driving me crazy. Can you tell me your install process? Did you delete, reboot at certain point, etc?

Jarllax

Reaction score
I was able to do it on one try actually. If you didn't get it the first time you'll have to uninstall both the app and the installer.

Then run the installer. Log in and run the downloader like normal. Once the actual swype is installed and you get the Open dialog hit your Back hard key.

If I remember right this is where it asks to generate a license. It will say you need to change input methods. Hit your Home hard key and go into your systems settings change to another keyboard other than swype.

Now hold your Home hard key till the little recently used apps popup shows. Select swype and it should now generate a license for you.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Jarllax

Reaction score
Oh forgot to mention to reboot if you failed the first time and had to uninstall.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just updated my Swype with the newest installer and had no issues - have you tried uninstalling it and downloading again with the installer ?

Droidette76

Reaction score
fixed it

I followed Jarllax's suggestion.....When it said I needed to "Generate License", I just hit the back button...then I hit the home button to get the recently used apps. I picked Swype. Done.

Still annoying, though....I hope they fix this. I was one that always had a problem installing....in the beginning had to take EVERYTHING off my home screens before it would install. This isn't as annoying, but still annoying.

Moto Droid.