Problem with rooted S3

jivif548

Reaction score
So a few weeks ago I decided to root my Galaxy S3. Recently, however, I started having problems. When I tried to go on the play store, I was asked to log in, and after I typed in my username and password & tried to sign in, a message came up which said 'Can't establish a reliable connection to the server'. This happened with other apps that require you to use a google account also. My internet works fine so I knew it wasn't that. I tried using a different account, and then someone suggested I did a factory reset. I thought for sure this would work, but it didn't, and so I tried to update my firmware which had been reset. I couldn't update however because my phone 'had been modified'.

Does anybody know if there any way I can possibly fix these issues?

steeletown

Reaction score
I had this problem on my tablet before, my time and date was not correct and once I fixed that it worked fine.

OP
J

jivif548

Reaction score
My date & time are right, it's definitely not that :unsure:

steeletown

Reaction score
WARNING: YOU MAY LOSE ALL YOUR DATA BY DOING THIS.Issues:- Account sync OFF permanently with the message: "Sync is currently experiencing problems".- Signing in Google Apps fails showing message: "Can't establish a reliable connection to the server"Possible Cause:- system file named 'hosts' (/etc/hosts) points to a Google server that changed IP, thus blocking access to Apps.Possible Solution:- edit 'hosts' file (/etc/hosts) deleting or commenting (adding a # at the beginning) the old line