Problem with pictures and video -- please help!!

drobx2424

Reaction score
Over the last week or so I've taken several pictures and videos of a concert and some valuable time spent with my daughter. Today, when I went to my gallery to try to review them, they are not showing up. I only get a grey screen on the pictures and same with the videos. When I click on the video, it says it's not playable. The pictures and videos all took and I assumed were saving. I thought maybe it was just an issue with my phone so I uploaded to my computer, but they won't play there either. Any recommendations? These are very important to me. Any help anyone can provide is much appreciated!

mamijessi

Reaction score
I've been having the same problem with my Droid X and did some research and have yet to find a reason as to why the pictures are gone. I ran into some forums saying that it's rumored that the new
gingerbread, along with other software, has a bug that corrupts files that are on the SD card.

As for getting your pictures back, good luck. If you really want to get them back I heard there's some programs that you can buy that will bring photos back after they have been
corrupted, but even after paying for a program, it is never 100% that the pictures will be successfully salvaged.

One thing that worked for me (but it only worked with 1 of my corrupt pictures) was that right after I noticed it went grey, I sent it to someone in an MMS in hopes of it popping up
normal in the text and it worked. The person that received it then saved it and that picture was a keeper, but like I said, I was only able to get this to work once. Good luck!

apeman34

Reaction score
For what its worth - similar issue here (but I have an Incredible 2). When I take pictures/videos I can view them in the gallery but after some time (haven't really measured exactly how long - maybe 20-30 mins?) I am no longer able to view them. They come up with the white-exclamation-point-in-a-red-circle error message. I tried to dump them to my pc and view them there and still no luck. Based on some other suggestions found on other forums I tried Magic Chute, Mini Tool and CCleaner to recover them but none of them helped. Also tried an alternate viewer app and that did not work either.

whoischuck

Reaction score
There is another thread about this but the problem is the sdcard. I had problems with both video and pictures, the problems where unpredictable however long videos rarely worked. I replaced the sdcard (per the other thread) with a class 10 rated card. I have had no troubles since. Also taking pictures seems faster now and certainly viewing my gallery is noticeably faster.

I got a 32 GB card on amazon for $26. I would have paid that 10 times over for some of the videos I've lost of my kids!

-Chuck

apeman34

Reaction score
Ironically I had problems only when I SWITCHED to a class 10 card! I went back to my class 4 card and problem solved. Perhaps it was a faulty card? Anyone know how I would test it for errors? Thx.