Sound issue on old movies

vthokies1996

Reaction score
I had an env2 prior to my Droid. I took some videos of my daughter and some concerts on the env2. When I purchased my Droid, the Verizon store rep moved over my photos and videos onto the Droid.

I was looking thru my gallery and saw the old videos from my Env2. None of the old videos have sound. The videos play but that's it. I know they worked on my env2. Is it possible that the video files are not compatible with the Droid? Just trying to figure out why I can't the sound to work on them.

I took some videos at an Arcade Fire concert several weeks ago using my Droid and the sound works just fine. So I know its not the phone. I currently have a refurb Droid, but noticed the same issue with my new Droid.

Thanks

debdroid1a

Reaction score
I had the Env2 also. Mine isn't even showing up on my droid... It's kind of there, but says "unsupported" in Act 1 video player (trial) and the stock video player.

I'm going to connect to my computer and see if I can see them on that.
It looks like the file extension is 3g2 ...
They play on my computer in QuickTime ( think that's what it was) it was a small screen.

I wonder if they could be converted to something to play on the camera...

debdroid1a

Reaction score
Converted them to mp4 movies... Did not work well. No sound or they don't play all the way through. Not sure what else to do.