Problem with my 32 gigs of memory

45ga76

Reaction score
Ok so my xoom said I'm running low on memory so I went into manage applications and it said I had like 200 mb left. I had 3.x.x gb in media and around 28 gb in apps. I looked in apps and the largest app I have is dubgeon def. Which is only 600 mb. the rest are under 100mb... About ten are above 20 mb...any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
28GB in apps is a lot, how many applications do you have installed ?

OP

45ga76

Reaction score
I have about 50 apps... Most are preloaded and some are from my phone. I roughly added all the mb from the apps and I shud have no mpre then about 5gb

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

fishstick600

Reaction score
Are u looking at external space or internal? I only have 800mbps left of my internal and I'm sure I have more apps than u.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk

fishstick600

Reaction score
I also somehow looked over that its an issue with your xoom. . So I actually won't have any insight on that device haha I should pay better attention.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk

OP

45ga76

Reaction score
I'm talking about the internal 32 gb built in memory. No SD cards and certainly not RAM...

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

OP

45ga76

Reaction score
OK maybe in have like 120 apps but alot of them were transferred from my fascinate which only has 2gb of built in mem. And a 16 gb microsd card. I have 2.67 gb on my SD card keftband about 1.06 gb of built in internal memory left.

Techsniffer

Reaction score
Your using confusing terms when you speak about the "Ram". The 32g is (and should be) referred to as "hard drive" space as that is what its used for, Memory is what the device uses as quick, volatile storage that helps your device process apps etc quicker.

If I'm understanding what you mean you have used up all of your 32g internal hard disk storage with only 50 apps? I'm not sure what apps you have on your device but its highly unlikely that 50 apps would use up 32g of space, I have over 100+ on my Xoom and I'm only using up a few gigs and I have some pretty beefy sized games and about 4000 ebooks using up another few hundred megs etc.

The message you speak about getting, if in fact it did state you are low on "memory", would more than likely be talking about the 1g of RAM, and this could be the issue if you have many apps that run in the background using up all your RAM so other apps are starving for its use.

To ensure the issue is with yoru device and not what you have on it I would suggest deleting ANYTHING you have put on its storage via pc USB and then do a factory reset and see how much usable HD space you have. Back everything up first of course.

OP

45ga76

Reaction score
Your right I was using incorrect terms when referring to ram, memory, and hard drive/internal srptorage space. I know thebdifference between ram and hard drives. I have dungeon defenders which is 600 MB and about 20 apps that are over 5mb... I ihave about 5 books thaypt I've downloaded and about 2gb of HD video and pics. Btw I'm not rooted (yet).

dfrak

Reaction score
I am also experiencing this issue on my Xoom.
It happened to me last night while playing WordFeud. I get the two line message "Low on space" and "Tablet storage space is getting low"

There is no way that I am using 25 gig in applications.

There is a thread at the Motorola Owners forum discussing this issue:
https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/46601?start=0&tstart=30

It sounds like a fix from Motorola will be needed, but nothing is available yet.

Thanks,
Dan

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ya its a known issue. I believe a factory reset will fix it but you will lose all data saves unless you move it to the pc.

dfrak

Reaction score
Look like you are correct, Droid-Xer.

It turns out that there is a fix coming in the next update.

The thread is at the Motorola Owners Forum titled 'XOOM Storage is Full' problem - 47 apps takes up 27 GB?

I thought I would post this info for any other Xoom owners that are have this concern.

I am glad to see it is being addessed.

Thanks,
Dan