Problem with keyboard on Droid X

Todd droid x

Reaction score
When I type on my Droid X , I notice the keyboard disappears every time I hit the space bar. I just did the new software update today .

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

kevinkar

Reaction score
I don't see this when typing mail or texts. I do see an odd behavior when using Google in a browser. It's as if Google takes the first letter I type, auto searches on it and decides it's found a result, dropping the keyboard off the screen. That's incredibly frustrating. I don't even know how that could happen. That's the only thing I've experienced that sounds remotely like your problem.

Rhondasgold

Reaction score
Temporary Fix

I am having the same issues as todd DroidX. Everytime i press the space bar my keyboard goes away. Is there a fix for this? It is really frustrating.
TEMP FIX from Verizon-Go to your settings, language & keyboard, multi-touch settings, uncheck the "next word prediction" and this will fix the issue with the keyboard going away when pressing the space bar.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to settings>applications>manage applications>multi-touch keyboard and clear the data for it. Should fix your problem

CM74DX

OP
T

Todd droid x

Reaction score
It's extremely frustrating and takes forever to type one sentence.

OP
T

Todd droid x

Reaction score
Brad92, thank you very much. Problem Solved. :)

carguy

Reaction score
Go to settings>applications>manage applications>multi-touch keyboard and clear the data for it. Should fix your problem

CM74DX

Seemed to work. Cleared learned words. THANKS!

Any idea what the real issue is here?