Problem With Installing and Uninstalling

petera209

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I have been switching ROMs on my Droid since I first rooted it in December. Yesterday I flashed the new Kangerade Rom onto my phone. I had a problem with the Geolocation services with the ROM so I decided to flash back to Bugless Beast v.04. After everything was done I tried to uninstall an app and the progress meter seemed to show that the app was uninstalled. After a few seconds the meter went gray and just seemed to hang while still reading uninstall. I then tried to install a different app. This time the meter showed the app downloading. Once it went to install the app the meter grayed again and just hung. I now can't cancel the install and it never finishes. Does anyone know what could be causing this problem. I tried wiping and then reinstalling the rom but the problem now persists from Rom to Rom. Please, I could really use some help!!! Thanks in advance.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I have been switching ROMs on my Droid since I first rooted it in December. Yesterday I flashed the new Kangerade Rom onto my phone. I had a problem with the Geolocation services with the ROM so I decided to flash back to Bugless Beast v.04. After everything was done I tried to uninstall an app and the progress meter seemed to show that the app was uninstalled. After a few seconds the meter went gray and just seemed to hang while still reading uninstall. I then tried to install a different app. This time the meter showed the app downloading. Once it went to install the app the meter grayed again and just hung. I now can't cancel the install and it never finishes. Does anyone know what could be causing this problem. I tried wiping and then reinstalling the rom but the problem now persists from Rom to Rom. Please, I could really use some help!!! Thanks in advance.

I am having the exact same problem. I thought if I downloaded the Market Fix.zip that it would help but i now can not even mount my phone to my computer. I have a similar thread opened. Please let me know if someone is able to help you out and I will pass on any information that I learn.

Victor

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Do ya'll have apps2sd enabled? Are there apps on your sdcard. This really sounds like an sdcard issue with the apps2sd app. Disable apps2sd, reboot and try the market again.

OP
P

petera209

Reaction score
Tried that and it still didn't work. Thanks for the suggestion.

OP
P

petera209

Reaction score
Victor, I seemed to have figured out how to fix the problem. You have to flash back to a 2.1 Rom. For some reason flashing to other Froyo roms doesn't fix whatever broken file or permission that caused the problem in the first place. I flashed back to Pete's Bugless Beast 2.1 stock rooted rom and I was able to usb to my Macbook and was also able to install and uninstall apps. I made a backup of this rom and then did a full wipe and reflashed Bugless Beast v.04 Froyo and everything is fine again. Hope this info helps.

Peter

OP
P

petera209

Reaction score
Victor, Forget what I just wrote. The problem came back about halfway through restoring my old apps in Titanium. I think it's because I tried to use app2sd for some of them. As soon as I did that boom! it all went to hell again. I am going to retry my steps. Thankfully I did Nandroid backup the 2.1 installation so this should be quicker this time.

Last edited:

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Go to your settings > applications > manage applications

Select all apps, or change your filter to show all apps, which ever the case may be.

Go to the market, clear the cache, clear the data, force close.

Battery pull

Post back here when (if) this works ;)

Bxrider117

Reaction score
Victor, Forget what I just wrote. The problem came back about halfway through restoring my old apps in Titanium. I think it's because I tried to use app2sd for some of them. As soon as I did that boom! it all went to hell again. I am going to retry my steps. Thankfully I did Nandroid backup the 2.1 installation so this should be quicker this time.

Same happened here. I am going back to 2.1 and I am going to try an unthemed stock version of Froyo. If that does not work, I will stick with JRummy's V0.8. This has consumed most of my day.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
Go to your settings > applications > manage applications

Select all apps, or change your filter to show all apps, which ever the case may be.

Go to the market, clear the cache, clear the data, force close.

Battery pull

Post back here when (if) this works ;)

Mike,

I did that to no avail. I think it was something from either BB v0.4 for an app. I remember I updated BB V.04 app on my phone and after that things went down hill.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Now that I'm thinking about it, I had the same issue with a version of Froyo I tried before settling on the one that I'm running now.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Yup, now that I'm thinking about it, it was BB that I was running. Did you DL it through rom manager?

I switched to Chevyno1's froyo and kernel and have had 0 issues

Da Meach

Reaction score
Having the same issue as you guys. My problem also persists through any rom that I install. If not at first, within just a short while. Unable to install apps, unable to uninstall apps, can't restore certain (if not all) apps with Tibu, unable to connect to my laptop via usb, etc. I do have apps2sd disabled but I was running BB 0.4 at one point and it's very possible that's when i started having these issues. I downloaded it via ROM Manager as well.

Da Meach

Reaction score
Tried CM 6 with same results. I'm thinking I may have to totally wipe my phone and start over, I'm just not sure how to go about it.