problem with home screen

ajlucas

Reaction score
My droid 3 keeps resetting the home screen with my widgets back to the stock home screen. It happens every couple days and is really annoying. Anybody got any ideas?

OP
A

ajlucas

Reaction score
My phones not rooted and it's never been dropped. I haven't downloaded any new apps either. It really just started happening out of the blue.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
The first thing I would suggest is to start the phone in Safe mode. I doubt that this will work, but it is the first thing I would try.

The second thing I would try is to boot the phone into the Android recovery. Now perform a wipe cache partition. I also don't think this will help either, but I like to do these steps before I recommend a Factory data reset.

The third step would be to boot the phone into the Android recovery. Now perform a wipe data/Factory data reset. This will wipe all user data, but hopefully will get you up and running again. If this step fails than I would have to suggest you call Verizon and get a replacement. I hope that isn't the case here.

Directions for starting into safe mode in link below
https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/69361/~/droid-3---safe-mode

This is how to get into Android system recovery:

1. Press and hold PWR + X key until "Dual Core" is displayed.

2. Releasing those keys (PWR + X) should display a Triangle with the Android dude

3. To enter recovery, Press VOL-UP + VOL-DOWN at the same time

4. The menu should pop-up. Use volume keys to navigate, and the PWR button to select.

Hope this helps.

OP
A

ajlucas

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Anything I can do to avoid a factory reset is choice. Its cool to get some info from a fellow service member. I did 9 years in the US Army as a firfighter. I give those ideas a shot.