Problem with fresh install of Eclipse 3.0

buellboy9

Reaction score
Just installed Eclipse 3.0 and I have a problem... don't know if anyone else has seen this. When I plug in the USB cable, I used to see a USB icon appear in the status bar, and you could pull it down and determine whether you just wanted the USB connection to charge, or if you wanted the device mounted as storage. I no longer see this choice; it is ALWAYS mounted as storage. Also, when I select:

Settings -> Eclipse Settings -> Lockscreen Settings -> Style Options I get an FC along with a pop up box saying: "The application Liberty Parts (process.com.liberty.parts) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. This happens CONSTANTLY, never had the issue with Eclipse 2.2.

Just so we're all on the same page, I used RSD Lite to flash back to stock and get the .905 OTA upgrade. I then rooted the phone, and installed Eclipse 3.0 doing a full wipe of data, cache, and Dalvik cache.

TIA.

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
Status bar update

Just noticed that when the phone boots up, I get a message that the status bar process fails. When I look in "Applications" it is in "Restarting" status, but never seems to restart. Anyone else see this? Help!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Don't have either of those issues... my suggestion is to redownload 3.0, wipe data and dalvik, and reinstall another fresh attempt...
also, com.liberty.parts sounds to me as if you have an app downloaded into data/app...and it's causing issues for eclipse parts.