Eclipse Homepage

buellboy9

Reaction score
I see Eclipse 2.1 has gone "GA" but there hasn't been any kind of announcement that I can see here. Eclipse now has their own home on the web:

Eclipse Rom

Just got the OTA upgrade for .902. Here is how I did it:
1) Restored backup of "Bionic Base" which was CWM backup of my system taken after the last OTA update. I allowed the Android and Amazon markets to update all of my apps that were out of date.
2) Used "Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper" to protect root, then allowed the OTA update to go on. Update was successful, and I still had root after the reboot was complete.
3) At this point I used ROM Manager to backup my newly refreshed system, and after the reboot restored my backup of my Eclipse 2.0 system.
4) The restore was successful, however, the radio was "broken." No phone, no 3G. Wireless was working, however. I downloaded the Eclipse 2.1 update from the website (above) and used ROM Manager to install that (I only cleared the Dalvik cache and left cache/data alone).
5) After the reboot, the radio was once again working, however I also noticed I was "downgraded" from .902 to .901. Hopefully the Eclipse team will get out an update with the latest kernal, but in the meantime I'm good.

Versatile1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is because 2.1 is built from .901 you have the radio from .902 it just shows that you are on .901. And we are working on a 5.9.902 update :)

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
Eclipse 2.2?

This is because 2.1 is built from .901 you have the radio from .902 it just shows that you are on .901. And we are working on a 5.9.902 update :)

Excellent! I'm keeping an eye out both here and on your own website. Thanks.
:icon_ banana:

passypass4

Reaction score
Everytime I install the eclipse 2.2 zip it drops my version down from 902 to 873, why does this happen, cause everything is running good minus one importnt part of the phone the phone part, no network connecction, so no texts no phone clls. Any help would be greatly apprecited.

OP
B

buellboy9

Reaction score
Unfortunately, since I've never seen this behavior, I don't have an answer for you. Flashing Eclipse 2.2 on my Bionic did not backlevel anything on my phone, though flashing 2.1 after the OTA update did cause me radio problems. By the way, I couldn't help but notice that flashing ROMs on the OG Droid did not affect the radio (if you wanted to flash the radio, you had to do it separately). Why has this changed with the Bionic?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Versatile1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Only OTA zips or fast boot files. Will change the radio

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk