problem with deleting text message threads

misssharon2087

Reaction score
I am having a problem with deleting my text messages. it seems that if i dont delete them constantly then i have issues when it is a larger thread that needs to be deleted. my phone freezes and i get asked to force close the messages. what can i do to delete my text messages?

Sweettooth

Reaction score
What do your storage settings look like?
-I have mine checked to delete old messages as limits are reached.
-1,000 SMS limit per thread/conversation.
-500 MMS limit per thread/conversation.

If the problem is that you keep hitting the limit and it causes bugginess, set the limit higher, if the problem only arises when they get large (like over 500 messages) then obviously make the limit smaller and see if that works. Personally I think it's pretty cool to backtrack nearly a month of stored texts if I want. :)

Sweettooth

Reaction score
My bad. Go into your Messaging application, press the menu button, and choose Settings in the lower right. The settings you'll likely be most concerned with are at the top, under Storage settings.

Also per the PM you sent me, you don't have to delete messages one by one.
-If you simply want to delete every conversation, go into the Messaging app, press Menu and choose Delete threads.
-If you want to delete only one conversation, go into the Messaging app, press and hold on the conversation and choose Delete thread and that will delete all messages inside of it.
-If you're only wanting to delete certain messages within the conversation, go into one of the conversations, and long press on any messages you want to keep, and choose Lock message. You can do this with multiple messages, and then delete the thread and it will wipe out everything in that conversation but the ones that are locked.

OP
M

misssharon2087

Reaction score
oooo you have a motorola, i dont have any storage setting on mine that i see. i have an htc not a motorola

OP
M

misssharon2087

Reaction score
update

i ended up manually deleting each text till i got to a little less than 500. it seems that the droid htc eris can only delete up to 500 in a thread. i still havent found any settings to make it so it automatically deletes after a certain number has been reached and i was trying to figure out how to save pictures that are sent to me in text messages. i realized that when someone sends me more than 2 pictures in one message it allows me to save them to my sd card but if its only one picture it doesnt allow me to save it.
does anyone know why i cant save just one picture and maybe where the settings would be for text messaging?