Deleted texts

droidmitch

Reaction score
My droid which i got release day is is updated to 2.0.1 keeps deleteing my text threads sometimes while i am typeing a message . Anyone else had this problem?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Nope. I have not had any problems with the phone at all. You must have one of the bad units. Have you downloaded any new apps or rooted your phone?

raven1911

Reaction score
I have had this happen but only part of what I am typing gets deleted, like a whole line that I was typing, but not the whole thing. Is this what you are experiencing?

OP
D

droidmitch

Reaction score
No all my threads get earased. Its done some weird stuff when it did like have a thread open but all of the texts r deleted ,and the persons name is there and the convo is blank. then i go back nd it shows a thread but with no name on it and i have to delete it and all the rest of the threads are gone when i had it locked in my pocket.

lockman1228

Reaction score
well mine will say error and force to close and I have to restart my phone to get it to work and when I do all my texts are gone even the locked ones are gone getting pretty old has done it 4 times now in 2 weeks.

OP
D

droidmitch

Reaction score
I wonder if we take this back to verizon because of this we can get a replacement.

Vitticeps

Reaction score
are you using the native messaging app or are you using handcent or chomp? There are many reports of this problem with handcent and chomp

OP
D

droidmitch

Reaction score
the normal android messageing app and it just deletes texts and sometimes has an error

OP
D

droidmitch

Reaction score
more and more every day! its done it to me 4 times over 2 days its getting redicuous