Problem with contacts?

Reaction score
So I backed up my contacts with gmail and factory reset my d2g due to a sms issue. Now I am having problems with my contacts. I synced them from gmail and not all of them are showing up. But when someone I knew who was not in my contacts send me an sms, it showed up as their name. I don't get why its doing this considering that they aren't showing up in my phone contacts, gmail contacts, or hidden contacts. Any idea why?
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
R
Reaction score
Try rebooting your phone, if there names are showing up it must be in your phone, they just aren't in the contact list.

I've rebooted multiple times. I've checked all groups of contacts. Nothing shows any clues to why this is happening /:

Reaction score
I have know idea why, are they in your gmail on the website, if they are delete your contacts and restore them from gmail again, if that doesn't work the only thing I can say is manually add them.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
For the future its always a good idea to export your contacts to the sd card

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

OP
R
Reaction score
For the future its always a good idea to export your contacts to the sd card

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

Yeah I just did that earlier lol. I'm just gonna manually put them in because there's not that many and then ill export to sd card.

wakeskater17

Reaction score
same thing happened to me. took me foreverrrr to fix it too. I don't know why the phone does that either. anyways, go to contacts (in the app drawer, not in the dialer), push the menu button, hide/show, and then unhide all. you might have to also push "all hidden contacts", i cant remember cause i dont have any contacts hidden ATM