Problem with camera and GPS location

AppleAmnesiac

Reaction score
I am running kaosfroyo v39 on my Eris, which i think in version 2.2.1. I am new to rooting, so sorry if I word something wrong or don't give enough information.

When I first rooted it and flashed the KaosFroyo rom, everything was great and mostly everything was running smoothly. But now the location when in the Google Maps app is extremely laggy and wrong over 50% of the time. Also, when I take a picture, the screen locks up and it doesn't save the photo and the only way to get out of it is to hit the home button.

I know there is a rom for gingerbread out for the Eris, but I was hesitant to go with it because I am so new to this and it is a brand new rom. If anyone has any suggestions or could point me toward another thread about this issue, I would appreciated it very very much. Thanks!!

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am running kaosfroyo v39 on my Eris, which i think in version 2.2.1. I am new to rooting, so sorry if I word something wrong or don't give enough information.

When I first rooted it and flashed the KaosFroyo rom, everything was great and mostly everything was running smoothly. But now the location when in the Google Maps app is extremely laggy and wrong over 50% of the time. Also, when I take a picture, the screen locks up and it doesn't save the photo and the only way to get out of it is to hit the home button.

I know there is a rom for gingerbread out for the Eris, but I was hesitant to go with it because I am so new to this and it is a brand new rom. If anyone has any suggestions or could point me toward another thread about this issue, I would appreciated it very very much. Thanks!!

Could be a problem with the version of the ROM you installed. Try another ROM or try getting the previous version of your current ROM.

Remember, always read the comments from people that have flashed the ROM before you. Maybe those are known issues with that version? I am running GSB 1.9v and have zero issues. Get that rom (they have it over at the xda-developer site).

Good luck!

OP
AppleAmnesiac

AppleAmnesiac

Reaction score
Archer, have you had any problems yet with the new version of gingerbread?? I don't know much about rooting, but i know that I have version 39 of KaosFroyo and it still has a few problems here and there... so I think the first version of a GingerBread rom for the Eris is bound to have some bugs...

Tell me I'm crazy, I won't be offended, really. I;m just trying to learn as much as I can. Thanks.