Droid Eris w/ KaosFroyo

mistawac

Reaction score
So I recently rooted and hacked my phone because I was absolutely sick with how unbelievably slow it was going. Right now I'm running KaosFroyo and I really enjoy it. I'm just having a few problems that I'm trying to fix.

1. It's starting to bog down again. I really don't have THAT many apps on here, maybe 50-60. That seems high, but everything I've installed is on the SD card so that shouldn't be doing much. I'm also certain that most of the apps are active rather than passive apps (i.e. passive being my battery monitor and active being something like a game). Is there anything I can do to really streamline this thing safely? I hate lag on a device that should be running smoother. Are there any suggested tweaks? I'm still trying to learn where everything is at.
  2. The keyboard. I swapped to the alternate keyboard that KaosFroyo came with and it ran pretty good until I turned on haptic feedback. Haptic feedback slowed down my typing quite a bit so I tried the default keyboard again to no avail. I'm currently on the alternate keyboard, just with no haptic feedback. I'm still having trouble typing on this thing. Maybe it's just me, but does anyone have any good keyboard solutions?
  3. I want to try out other roms on this to see if I can find something I may like differently. I also don't want to lose my settings on KaosFroyo if I want to come back. Is there a way to backup the KaosFroyo settings and install a new O/S? Also, will a new rom overwrite/delete the apps currently installed on my SD card?
  4. On that note, can anyone point me to a good source of roms that work on the Eris?
Thanks in advance for everything guys!

Nick177th

Reaction score
So I recently rooted and hacked my phone because I was absolutely sick with how unbelievably slow it was going. Right now I'm running KaosFroyo and I really enjoy it. I'm just having a few problems that I'm trying to fix.

1. It's starting to bog down again. I really don't have THAT many apps on here, maybe 50-60. That seems high, but everything I've installed is on the SD card so that shouldn't be doing much. I'm also certain that most of the apps are active rather than passive apps (i.e. passive being my battery monitor and active being something like a game). Is there anything I can do to really streamline this thing safely? I hate lag on a device that should be running smoother. Are there any suggested tweaks? I'm still trying to learn where everything is at.
  2. The keyboard. I swapped to the alternate keyboard that KaosFroyo came with and it ran pretty good until I turned on haptic feedback. Haptic feedback slowed down my typing quite a bit so I tried the default keyboard again to no avail. I'm currently on the alternate keyboard, just with no haptic feedback. I'm still having trouble typing on this thing. Maybe it's just me, but does anyone have any good keyboard solutions?
  3. I want to try out other roms on this to see if I can find something I may like differently. I also don't want to lose my settings on KaosFroyo if I want to come back. Is there a way to backup the KaosFroyo settings and install a new O/S? Also, will a new rom overwrite/delete the apps currently installed on my SD card?
  4. On that note, can anyone point me to a good source of roms that work on the Eris?
Thanks in advance for everything guys!

Not sure but, you may want to go over to the XDA site. They may have some roms for the eris.