Problem with bluetooth

Jimbop

Reaction score
The bluetooth on my bionic is failing to turn on. It fails to turn on every time i try to turn it on. I have tried to turn it on through the settings menu and through the power widget and all of them fail. I have tried to reboot the phone and there is no change. I am running stock unrooted 905 update. Does anyone have any ideas? I just picked up a bluetooth headset and would be frustrated if i have to take this month old phone back because of a broken bluetooth card. Thanks.

3sweeties

Reaction score
I'm stock 905 and no problems with Bluetooth.. Connects to my car every time. does it happen with every Bluetooth device?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just to be clear, you are unable to keep Bluetooth turned on, or that it won't connect? Do you have any battery saving app like Juice Defender installed?

OP
J

Jimbop

Reaction score
To be clear, bluetooth will not even turn on on my phone. I click for it to turn on but it fails to turn on after about a minute. It isn't giving me any failure message, but the menu selection only dims back down and stops trying to turn it on after about a minute.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried to pair it with a Bluetooth device? It may be that it won't stay on because there it's nothing in its memory to connect to. In my case, the only Bluetooth I use is built into my car.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

OP
J

Jimbop

Reaction score
I tried first with my bluetooth headset. I turned it on and set it to discovery and still had the same result. I also tried the same thing with my OG Droid to no difference. I am wondering if it is either hardware or software related. I am debating about trying out rooting soon or just taking my phone straight to one of the verizon repair centers as this could possibly be a hardware issue instead of just a bad software install.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jimbop

Reaction score
I just noticed something else. I tried to look up the mac address of the bluetooth and it says unavailable. I am guessing hardware related issue here then.