Problem with Audio Jack

Gattaca

Reaction score
I've been having problems with my Moto Droid's audio jack. In fact, this is my second Droid, and it developed the same problem as my first one did with its audio jack. After repeated uses of the jack - inserting and removing headphones - the audio jack seems to wear out and soon it becomes very static-y and ends up doesn't work. Happened twice on two different Droids. Has anyone else have this problem? Is the quality of the audio jack really bad?

sjacksonauto

Reaction score
Yup im also currently having this problem again

Sent from my Droid S.Jackson Edition ver. 3.8 using Tapatalk

brando56894

Reaction score
Yep, I remember seeing a thread about this before and someones solution to this was to take a small section of a (normal sized) drinking straw and cut it in half so it makes a "C" shape and then insert it in between the jack and the body of the droid. Look around for it, I believe its probably a few pages back in this section.

I was going to try this also because I thought my jack was crapping out on me also, it turns out it was just the right angle connection on my headphone extension cord.

OP
G

Gattaca

Reaction score
I was going to try this also because I thought my jack was crapping out on me also, it turns out it was just the right angle connection on my headphone extension cord.

Interesting. My headphone extension cord has a right-angle plug-in head, too. I'll try the straw idea. I hope it's not too late to save the jack.

dfwdroid

Reaction score
I have the same issue too, it really suck....mine will pause the current music if it get static-y....

Zer0-c00l

Reaction score
yep. sent mine back to verizon and got another with same issue. Gave them some hell over the phone and they added a 10 percent discount on my bill for the next year. Its not much but it shut me up. New moto is wokring fine, i switched to a BT headset, ill never go back now.

Zer0-c00l

Reaction score
Blue tooth. Trust me and get a pair. Moto makes a bad ass pair for about $65. You can somtimes find a sweet deal online and get em for 40 or 50.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^ Bluetooth headset aka no headphone jack.

I tried the straw idea and it seems to have fixed the issue on my phone.

Meanstreak1

Reaction score
I've been having problems with my Moto Droid's audio jack. In fact, this is my second Droid, and it developed the same problem as my first one did with its audio jack. After repeated uses of the jack - inserting and removing headphones - the audio jack seems to wear out and soon it becomes very static-y and ends up doesn't work. Happened twice on two different Droids. Has anyone else have this problem? Is the quality of the audio jack really bad?

1. Before I attempted to exchange mine I attempted to check with small rod to see if I could feel the contact inside the phone. When I removed the rod out came a piece of lint and my problem was solved