Problem with Activation on X

crimsontide24

Reaction score
I bought a Droid X from a guy He ported his number to ATT so he could keep his number cause he uses the number for his buisness This guy has been patient with me through the process and honest I called Verizon and they keep telling me different stuff as the MEID is still active and it was on the negative list he called them and cleared the phone but they tell me its still active and they are waiting on confirmation from ATT that he actually ported his number out It has been roughly 10 days now I call him and he answers from the same number he had on the X he has called verizon multiple time trying to get it straight I have called them also they always tell me something different We have tried to get a dummy esn put on the phone but tech support says they have to wait on ATT confirmation does anyone have any info that can help or been in this situation They tell me its in suspense mode but not reported lost or stolen just that it stay in suspense mode But I call everyday and they tell me something different but the main thing is they say still active but just in suspense mode

OP
C

crimsontide24

Reaction score
i got a killer deal on the phone its in great shape but the guy agreed to buy the phone back but im just tired of dealing with it what would you guys do i figure i just spend more money so i can activate a phone now

BodyBagz

Reaction score
No need to cross post(posting the same thread in multiple forums)...doing that just causes confusion.

To answer your question...this seems like an issue between Verizon and AT&T, and as such, you are at the mercy of them. All you can do is keep on AT&T to get hard confirmation that the number is transferred and then stay on VZW to get them to clear the number in their records so the MEID can be released and you can activate.

Also, just as an aside...Did the previous owner do a Factory Data Reset on the phone or an SBF to bring it back to out-of-box state? I dont know that this should have anything to do with it, but it couldnt hurt to wipe the phone and put it completely back to stock.

OP
C

crimsontide24

Reaction score
yes the phone has been wiped clear of data i have had people from verizon say wait till his cycle bill ends and try it and i have had them tell me to wait until att sends confirmation I cant really stay on att cause i have no service through them the only people i can keep contacting is verizon i am just in a tight spot i had the esn number ran before i bought the phone and was clean its just when i went to activate it just a active MEID

BodyBagz

Reaction score
1) For the sake of reading, please use punctuation...solid blocks of text tend to turn readers and prospective users off from replying.:)

2) If the original owner is willing to buy back, and you really cant wait this issue out, then i would say sell it back to him and look elsewhere for a phone.

3) If you just left AT&T, have you already started a new contract with Verizon? Amazon is always running nice deals on new contracts with phones for $0.01 and the like...have you checked them lately?

4) There is also Swappa.com for buying used phones...seems to be fair priced as well.

5) You can also check other Android based forums such as Android Forums that have Classified Sections as well...some good deals to be snagged there occasionally.

Meg@bbym

Reaction score
I agree...i wouldnt hold ur breath on at&t and vzw...if it were me, I would just root the phone...the longest it has ever taken for a port to go though was 7 days...and I've been in cell phones for 2yrs...if you do decide to call anyone call customer service and ask for tge port-in dept