Problem transfering large files to microsd card

Daemonwolf

Reaction score
I know that if you format your microsd card to fat32 you cannot transfer files over 4GB in size. Because of this I formatted to exFAT which does allow 4GB+. I formatted the card by using a microsd USB adapter in my win7 PC. The card is read fine in the note 2 without any problems and runs everything from the card ok. The trouble is copying over large files onto the microsd card when it is in the handset. It wont allow it. Yet it allows large files to be transferred to the phone memory.
The card is seen on my PC as having a generic hierarchical file system when connected through the phone via USB. But so does the phone memory. Im confused why you can transfer large files to one media but not another.

Right now everytime I want to transfer a large 4GB+ file onto the microsd card I have to take it out of the phone and use it directly through a USB adapter in my PC which is annoying. Any tips or hints to transfer the files without having to remove the card everytime? Any PC software I can use or an app on the phone?

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What kind if card are you using? Size and speed rating?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD