Problem: Sync'ing with Non-Gmail Email accounts

YerToast

Reaction score
Greetings all!

For some reason, my three email accounts (.mac, comcast.net and hotmail.com) do not sync up with my Droid. They did when I first picked up the phone.

When I try to refresh/get messages, I get the icon of the spinning flower thingy and the Loading Messages...forever :)

I have full signal strength (3G) and WiFi (turned on and disabled).

I heard deleting the accounts and adding them back helps but there doesn't seem to be a delete account button to use.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Greetings all!

For some reason, my three email accounts (.mac, comcast.net and hotmail.com) do not sync up with my Droid. They did when I first picked up the phone.

When I try to refresh/get messages, I get the icon of the spinning flower thingy and the Loading Messages...forever :)

I have full signal strength (3G) and WiFi (turned on and disabled).

I heard deleting the accounts and adding them back helps but there doesn't seem to be a delete account button to use.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

To delete an account you have to go into menu > settings > accounts and sync > and you delete them from that menu.. just click on one and remove it.

I have not had any issues after installing yahoo, or msn.. i dont know though.

OP
Y

YerToast

Reaction score
I was able to remove the individual email accounts by going to email>longpress each account>Remove. You can then add the account back as usual.

I did that and the messages still are not loading, just the same Loading Messages ...message.

The accounts and sync section New2u referred to only appears to apply to gmail, facebook and corporate accounts.

Given that the other data services (browsing and texting) are working fine, I'm outta ideas.

garboy

Reaction score
I am having the exact same problem. It was working when I first set up the phone, but now it is not. I deleted the email accounts and recreated them but I still get the Loading Messages thing. Help!!

OP
Y

YerToast

Reaction score
Update: I spent 45 minutes on the phone with Verizon. They claimed the account was properly "provisioned" etc and told me to call Motorola today :( The weird thing was that email started working at the end of the call. He claimed he didn't do anything.

garboy: Try a battery pull which clears out the "cache" etc on the phone.

My phone atm is downloading tons of mail on the Hotmail server that I had not deleted. One of two test messages I sent to my work accounts showed up on my phone.

garboy

Reaction score
Interesting. The battery pull worked! Thanks, YerToast. I wonder if there is a way to clear out all that stuff without pulling the battery.

OP
Y

YerToast

Reaction score
Not sure if there is or not. It looks like my issue was partly how Verizon set up the data plan for this phone and mostly due to the 650 emails sitting on my Hotmail account, many of which had large attachments :) Archiving/deleting those seems to have solved the last of the problems.

garboy

Reaction score
Unfortunately it worked for a little while after I pulled the battery but I am having the same problem again.

OP
Y

YerToast

Reaction score
garboy: Go to your email accounts via the web or your home computer. Check for old emails with large attachments. Save them onto your computer if needed then delete them. After you clean out all of your email accounts, do a battery pull again.

My phone burned through 95% of its battery life in 4 hrs of continuous 3G downloading of emails with big attachments...things seem ok after cleaning out the accounts.

garboy

Reaction score
I have nothing in my Inbox on the server. So far, it is working since my 2nd battery pull. But even before that, there was nothing on my server. My Outlook pulls the stuff down right away, so there is barely anything there at any given time.

lateryoo

Reaction score
I had the same issue and pulling the battery and restarting worked for me.

Elliebpr

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Email comes in intermittently. I'm good for awhile, then I go hours or a whole day yesterday without any email coming in. Email settings are right, but something is hanging up the process. I've been on with any number of Verizon and Motorola reps, but nobody has been able to address a solution. I don't want toconstantly reboot to get relief for a little while. I want and need reliable email. This is a major glitch. Really unacceptable. Verizon/Motorola need to hear from us so that they get a fix going immediately.

ntimid8r

Reaction score
I use hotmail as well and for the most part, getting my emails is sufficient. But yes...with all the black friday and spam ad's coming across right now...my droid takes a while (maybe a couple minutes) to get each one of those emails.

But what bugs me the most is when old emails find their way onto my droid and I get a notification that I have new mail. I can only guess that X amount of emails are allowed on the droid and if I delete emails from hotmail via my pc...then droid finds older emails to fill the void. Not sure, that's just my guess. But it's annoying to get notifications for emails way old. :icon_ nono2:

treo700w

Reaction score
i have the same problem with my hotmail accounts. email refreshes infrequently if at all. i have tried forcing the refresh and the refresh circle would spin indefinitely on top right hand corner.

unfortunately, been using the browser to check my hotmail accounts. at least that works.

:mad:

DiskEyes

Reaction score
Problem Synching Email

I'm experiencing the exact same problem with my Hotmail accounts. Seriously?! Hope this gets attention and gets fixed quickly. Disappointing.