Problem Synching Hotmail

Zeckiris

Reaction score
I just bought my Motorola Droid Bionic with Verizon (Android Version 2.3.4, I assume its the same for everyone at this point that hasnt rooted but i figured I would throw it in incase there was an anomaly there) a few days ago and I have been fighting with it trying to get all of my email accounts to synch up to it. My AOL and GMail went in just fine but Hotmail refuses to sync. The VZW store wouldnt help me they said to look for help within the droid community, so hello there.
When I look up how to do this they all say to "select Exchange when prompted for what type of account this is" but on my phone the drop down only has two, POP mail server and IMAP mail server. The full menu goes more like this (giving this because perhaps in my ignorance to this (changed from a BB) I dont feel that it is exactly following directions)
1)Enter email and password (uncheck Auto config accont)
2)There are three options here; General Settings, Incoming Server and Outgoing Server. The directions on the MSN page
( How to setup Hotmail on Android Phones ) never mention this screen.
Trying to work around this fact I enter the Incoming Server screen and I am presented with three four possible things to do. The first is the drop
down that i mentioned earlier that doesnt have the EXCHANGE one the MSN site said to look for. The others are Server, Username and Password.
There is an Advanced settings button under this that leads to Port, Use secure connection, use secure password (TLS), authentication, and a verify
certificate checkbox. The Outgoing server is much the same other than instead of a drop down for type of server it just asks for the SMTP server.
3) Presumably after setting this all up you hit ok and then it syncs up. Alas it hasnt once allowed me to do this.

Sorry if this is an over long or complicated but as I am new to this I wanted to give as detailed a question I could becuase every other version of this thread I have seen always seems to be resolved at the point where people are told to switch to the Exchange server option. Thank you for your help in advance.

MacDuffie

Reaction score
I believe I let my msn account auto configure and it is working fine. I did not set it up as an Exchange account.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

IrishSmash

Reaction score
I have my Live account set up as a CORPORATE SYNC account with no issues.

Use these settings:
Email address:
(Your email)

Server address:
m.hotmail.com

Domain:
blank

Username:
(Your email)

Password:
(Your password)

This server requires an encrypted SSL connection. (Is this checked or not?)