AKO webmail setup on Droid Bionic

elcapitan

Reaction score
Each model's email settings look a little different, so I thought I'd post this for Bionic specifically. Also, looking at past threads for other models, settings don't always work the same for everyone, so no guarantees here. BUT... I successfully set up AKO webmail on my Bionic's native email app (not K9 or anything) using the following settings:

Incoming Server-->
(from the dropdown on top): IMAP mail server
Server: imap.us.army.mil
Username: first.last (without "@us.army.mil")
Password: password
Advanced Settings-->
Port: 993
Use secure connection: CHECKED
Use secure password (TLS): Auto
Verify Certificate: UNCHECKED

Outgoing Server-->
SMTP server: mailrouter.us.army.mil
Username: first.last (without "@us.army.mil")
Password: password
Advanced Settings-->
Port: 465
Use secure connection: CHECKED
Use secure password (TLS): Auto
Authentication: Auto
Verify Certificate: UNCHECKED

Hope that helps some people out there. Good luck.

Last edited:

a4885382

Reaction score
elcapitan,

Thanks for the info man! One minor correction: For Port under the Outgoing settings, it should be set to 465 (not 9465). Other than that, it works like a charm again - was running into problems when I kept @us.army.mil in there.

OP
E

elcapitan

Reaction score
Ah! Sorry, fat-fingered it. Corrected now in original post to avoid confusion

Bmac397

Reaction score
Thanks, you saved me a lot of time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

airdefender

Reaction score
Thanks

It was a bear setting this up. Thankd for this post it was a great help.

HOOAH!

mjlthuston

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the requirement for CAC logon will impact using your phone to read AKO email?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

helobubba

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the requirement for CAC logon will impact using your phone to read AKO email?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

No, it won't. I use a CAC at work to check AKO and my phone to check it at home.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Bmac397

Reaction score
This set up worked perfect for me until my password expired. I updated it with the new one and it shows up with errors. Tried deleting the email and setting up a new one with the updated password and its still coming up with a connection error. Any ideas what could be causing this?

helobubba

Reaction score
This set up worked perfect for me until my password expired. I updated it with the new one and it shows up with errors. Tried deleting the email and setting up a new one with the updated password and its still coming up with a connection error. Any ideas what could be causing this?

I've been getting connection errors all weekend and my password hasn't changed. I think the AKO server isn't working correctly right now. Should be fixed by tomorrow. :frown:

Bmac397

Reaction score
Is yours saying unable to connect to mailrouter.us.army.mil?

helobubba

Reaction score
It's saying "SSL connection failed." I'm just checking email through imap.us.army.mil vice sending mail through mailrouter.us.army.mil. I'm pretty sure something's broke and won't be fixed until Monday.

Bmac397

Reaction score
Is yours working yet?

helobubba

Reaction score
Is yours working yet?

The error messages went away yesterday (Monday). Everything seems to be working okay. I've had trouble with AKO in the past where I ended up deleting the mailbox on the phone and creating a new one. There might be a setting that's not working in your current setup.

tergazzi

Reaction score
Has anyone resolved the connection issue yet? I finally got my Bionic to send and receive through AKO, buy i constantly have a error message saying "Connection Error. Unable to connect to mailrouter.us.army.mil" but it still sends and receives, the stupid warning triangle is just getting very annoying.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.